it was a typo
Past player question
Started by AiteShadow [1702059] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 53 / 53 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I wasn't active during the crash, hence no time traveller award. But I was sure that when I first started in 2005, Quacks was a partner in the game with Ched, if not partner then he was at least more than just an admin as he was 2IC.
Maybe I just remember wrong, or that was the impression that Quacks liked to give off.. anyway on topic DRS was an asshole, good riddance. Bring back Dongs.
Maybe I just remember wrong, or that was the impression that Quacks liked to give off.. anyway on topic DRS was an asshole, good riddance. Bring back Dongs.
am i the only one who got a massive hit of nostalgia at seeing DR's name in the forums?
Edit: DR was a dick if you posted dumb shit. if you didnt, you were fine and only dealt with some mild trolling.
Double edit: can someone please invite DR back, so she can police global chat?
Edit: DR was a dick if you posted dumb shit. if you didnt, you were fine and only dealt with some mild trolling.
Double edit: can someone please invite DR back, so she can police global chat?
Major nostalgia going on in this forum. I was a player who got deleted. I never did restart though till much much later. DR was terrifying. Along with Clansy. I loathed any time i had to make a bug report and one of them answered.
Yeah, people got ahold of dirtys phone and kept calling, then got ahold of where they lived, as mentioned earlier in this thread. All kinds of craziness. And I'm pretty sure Quacks was much more than an admin to this game.
Speaking of clansy.. ahh the old phones when you bought minutes, you could buy donator packs with those minutes long ago on here, only it didnt take the correct amount. People ended up having thousands of days. Few staff involved, so no one got screwed out of it lol
Speaking of clansy.. ahh the old phones when you bought minutes, you could buy donator packs with those minutes long ago on here, only it didnt take the correct amount. People ended up having thousands of days. Few staff involved, so no one got screwed out of it lol
as long as you werent a total numpty, DR wasnt anything to to be scared of. i always got along well with it (to this day, i still have no idea if it was a he or a she)
Clansy wasn’t that bad.... sheesh.... now DR ... I cringed
DR left to run a new game in 2007-2008 IIRC, although she refused to say what the name of the game was even in PMs. All she said was it was nothing like Torn City. I think the rumour at the time was that she was an admin on Final Earth?
Originally did ched and quacks not buy the fledgling game from somebody else? I am not discrediting the work they have done to torn since but they didn't 100% start it themselves is what I remember from right at the start.
I do remember having dogs, losing them and my character to resets and Clansy being biased and benefitting from abusing n00bs. The game has much more now than it did.
I do remember having dogs, losing them and my character to resets and Clansy being biased and benefitting from abusing n00bs. The game has much more now than it did.
Not really compensation, not even by the standards of that era.
Not enough for me to remember, anyway...and I've always been a penny scraper :D
Not enough for me to remember, anyway...and I've always been a penny scraper :D
Ched arranged for all the dogs to be relocated to that special doggo home in Beautiful South Florida! You even chipped in Wollongong
https://www.torn.com/old_forums.php?forumID=1&ID=1940354
https://www.torn.com/old_forums.php?forumID=1&ID=1940354
Wow... that's a blast from the past.
2007! That's a few life altering events ago!
2007! That's a few life altering events ago!
I'm back...