Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Top SSL Players

Started by CRLF [2095076] on in General Discussion.

113 replies · 5.22k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 114 / 114 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
114
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
49 / 100
Story score
77 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

xx_Dog-Tag_xx [1523555] ×2 cheesehead [1612757] ×2 Aezur [1950769] ×2 shaz1 [270923] ×1

CRLF [2095076]
Cheesehead [1612757] saw data that I'd published here on user stats. He asked me about reporting on SSL users (Sports Science Lab gym). The idea was to locate older players who are under 150 total for xanax and ecstasy combined and then rank them to findthe top players.

Ranking was a challenge, and in the end we went with battle stats. Cheesehead asked other SSL users for battle stats which they generously provided. I also had some old spies.

Note: Training with Xanax still remains the quickest way to improve your battle stats. SSL offers an alternative path but does have its drawbacks.

As of Thurs 01/06/2020

Here are the top 200 SSL users ranked by battle stats (which remain hidden) AND a score which combines the energy sources, weighted by type.

While this still favors accounts where we have battle stats, it allows me to place some obviously high-end players in the list based on their usage. This list will improve with time.

If you do not find yourself in the first 200, please see the google sheets in the first reply.

NOTE: A late-breaking update moves cowboyup from 71st place to 33rd place. It will be reflected in the next publication.


[image: gyazo.com]

[image: gyazo.com]

[image: gyazo.com]

[image: gyazo.com]


See the first reply for a longer list of potential SSL users.

Finally, here is a message from cheesehead:

cheesehead says:

I would like to thank everyone that decided to participate and helped in the gathering of this data. I started this study in order for people to see how SSL users (sports science lab gym) have approached a non Xanax using way.

Some of my findings and comments:

1) LSD use is low. This is an important drug as it gives 50E per use approximately every 6 hours. I gain approximately 425k extra stats a day from LSD alone. (I am stat cap)

2) The cans vs FHC (boosters) numbers are important. It appears SSL users favor cans. Both of these are also important for gaining extra energy for training.

3) I hope this list will show people who they can talk to in order to gather more information on approaching the SSL way. I hope people can come to me or others in the top ranking of SSL and discuss how they can approach or improve their current training methods.

Remember as an SSL user, time is the most important factor. This approach is for the long game. If you are not committed to taking years to gain stats please go the Xanax way.

Hopefully this helps new players and the ones on the list to continue their growth while training. Remember LSD is OK in SSL :)

Mentions: cheesehead [1612757]

CRLF [2095076]
Yes, there are a number of people in the first-reply list who should be top 100. But as we'd already put a lot of time into this much of a ranking, we wanted to publish the results we did have.

Hopefully, those who are interested in ranking will provide their stats so they can be added. I can also spy some of the best candidates.
manic [1554958]
"Hi, it's me, Manic, how are you doing Nobody?"
"Oh hi Manic! I'm great! How are you?"
"I'm fine, I'm fine. Apparently you don't care about this thread I've just read?"
"Uh? Who said that?"
"This clown who writes rubbish on this site I go on"
"Gee... He sounds a bit of an itch"
"Yep, he sure is, right in the middle of your back"
"Well I was thinking more in your arse after a curry shit, but yeah, your's is more polite"
"Say, could you join the game and drop some attacks on him, you know, to shut him up?"
"Shuchs, no not really, that wouldn't be fair and plus it would be bullying, you know that isn't cricket"
"Yeah, I guess"
"Wait a minute!!! My brother 'Somebody' plays that game! I'll have a word with him! He'll sort him out!"
"That's great, thanks Nobody! Speak soon!"
"You too manic!"
/End call


Apparently Nobody DOES care....
CRLF [2095076]
I was surprised at the outpouring of interest in this from the SSL community. They are clearly a neglected minority in Torn.

Most of the focus in the forums is on Xanax gains, getting maximum nerve bar growth, making the most money and being the most powerful faction. These are the topics of interest for most users and for myself.

However, there are a lot of players in Torn with other interests. For example, you might not want to be a reviver but imagine serious warring without having revivers available.

I know your stats and I know theirs. The top 40 or so on the list could easily kick your ass without breaking a sweat, and I'm sure quite a few in the first-reply list could as well.

SSL may not be for me, but I appreciate the other approaches to gaming in Torn. It adds variety and makes the game more interesting for everyone.
Somoene [1338707]
I play using the SSL because I don't want to invest the real world time to play the game the Xanax way.
This game relaxes me a lot and I just want to log-in when I have time, do a few clicks, log-out and get on with real world stuff.
I do use alarms to log-in and do stuff sometimes, for special occasions but I would hate to do this every day to take Xanax. It would be a waste of my time and I would dislike it.
This is a game, not a job, and I would like to keep it this way.

Thanks for gathering the data, CRLF.
Matchlock [2227514]
That the top SSL users tend to be spread across many different factions already makes them a very unique and valuable epidemiological cohort to poll for their thoughts on Torn.
CRLF [2095076]
If you read the description, the list in the first reply only has unrelated ranking numbers. Unless I have battle stats, I cannot rank these correctly.
CRLF [2095076]
No. He's not SSL, he's just crazy.

I think I cut off the list at over 500 days old. For all active, low-Xanax players, the list has about 30,000 people on it.