Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Making friends

Started by DedeSiregar [2430598] on in General Discussion.

38 replies · 620 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DedeSiregar [2430598]
Yesterday my friend got himself some trouble with older player. I knew he would get some trouble first time I read what he wrote lol. But well that's just him being him hahaha. Lotsa "WTF moments" too all the time I have known him.

A little explanation my friend is very odd and nerdy. He does not get offended nor understand when people get offended. He is simply very logical hence emotional factor is not easy for him to understand. I used to think he was an asshole but then I realized he does not mean to harm anyone. Which is kindda odd we get a long for almost a decade considering we both are opposite of each other. I am a loner person too but I can be funny when I want to be and I can make friends very easily whenever I want in RL or any gaming community.

And I read few times people made post asking question how to make friends in Torn. I thought people are everywhere and we can get friend naturally. Personally I am very focus studying mechanism of the game from many different angles. Social aspect is not something I am worried about. But now I wonder do people have problems in making friends?

Forum discussion: Do you have problems in making friends in Torn? How do you make friends in Torn? Do you even have friends in Torn lol?
CornHub [2423014]
No, I don’t. I have my faction, and I also talk to people about stuff that’s happened. One of my in game friendships arose from me asking for some trout lol
Just kind of..... chatting people works surprisingly well
Shooby [2510470]
Meh the majority of people on here are completely incentive driven when it comes to making "friends", aka virtual acquaintances. Typically if you don't have anything painfully obvious that could potentially benefit them in the current/future, most people don't want anything to do with you.

Very few people I actually consider friends, as opposed to those who just linger around waiting to take advantage.
Balashi [471981]
Making friends is the most important part of this game. Sure you'll have transactional interactions and you'll know those people. But once you find the right group of people it's really hard not to play and enjoy this game because of your friends. They'll help you, you'll help them its what real friends do IRL and in torn.

Usually starts with joining a good faction :)
PimpChu [1284243]
I cant even begin to name every single person i consider genuine friends in this game.

Unfortunately it seems Torn is not as conducive to building friendships as it used to be. Discord is overly quiet compared to irc, and there is no incentive to chat with people beyond passing chat in faction and global. there is a genuine lack of meaningful conversation these days.

being "forced" in to a room with people for days on end, needing to be highly organized at every level made conversation easy to come by with faction mates (regardless if you were a regular or a guest) now all you need to do is go nuts until 10-20 hits before the bonus, and not utter a word.
MadameButterfly [2514180]
No not really, I find most people on here are more than willing to be friendly if you don't pissed them off, not sure if you would class that as "making friends" but it isn't making enemies either so maybe that is what people should be working on, not trying to make friends but just trying not to make enemies
lapetitemort [2080158]
I don't think I have a problem making friends. I generally just message people if I saw something awesome or funny they post. Most of the times I don't get a reply lol I made a few friends as I was losing in the poker table too.

I have lotsa friends. My faccy ofc, a family to me. But I generally reply to anyone who wants to talk, shoot the shit or something. I like talking to people. xD
Shooby [2510470]
> narrow minded.

No just personal experience receiving 10+ messages a day for almost two months asking for money, etc. Lol

I'm sure you know a few people who are friendly and self sufficient, so do I. I didn't say everyone, but the overwhelming majority undeniably expect benefit from "friendship". Be it monetary or what have you. Maybe you're just too oblivious to see it. *Shrugs*
novagriffin_ami [2497944]
It's quite easy to have a friend, in a literal sense, in torn. Faction, trade forums, any forums with exceptions, someone who have something similiars (nation, hobby, history, family), and anything else.

Other than faction and some traders (one more level), i have some other friends when i met them in NPC.