Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Grave this please

Started by Chulachula [2522803] on in Graveyard.

7 replies · 89 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
18 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

IceBlueFire [776] ×1

Chulachula [2522803]
Edit - As -Rascal- answer below, this is clear that you can post maximum of 5 trade deal. Thanks for the information

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is more like a hypothetical scenario or thought experiment
but I want to know all of your opinions. I don't think anyone can do this (at least at this moment)

First, I notice that, in point market, there is no "page" system. And the point market can contain a maximum of 25 (if I count correctly) trade deal. This means if you set your price too high (higher than the 25th list), your points will not show in the market at all. Thus, no one can buy your point.

What if I set my trade deal to 1,000,000 points and 48,000 $ each. So this deal will be 48b. Very unlikely that anyone will buy this. And I do this 25 times. So the market page will be flooded with my trade deal (1,000,000 points for 48b)

If you set your price higher than me, no one will buy yours since they cannot see your trade deal. If you want to sell your points, you must set your price lower than me.

Leave this for one week and step your price down to 47900 $ each. The economics and the market will adapt itself. The points will be forced to be cheaper.

Do this again and again. And so on. The point will be cheaper and cheaper.

Will this destroy the point market? Players will be forced to rely on donation packs or subscriber status? Is this against the rule?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.
PatBenatar [420347]
I don't know scripts and what is legal and what is not but what you are describing sounds like a auto script and does not sound legal. Never know, best bet is to run it by staff.


Good choice to ask:

IceBlueFire
Officer


6 mins
Player Security/Script Moderation

Mentions: IceBlueFire [776]

cow [2048141]
I think that as you get to lower prices, eventually someone will say "That's a sweet deal for 1,000,000 points" and you'll be done.
kYo [2106640]
you can't do that. the max number of sales you can have is 5. And if you can have 1mil points at 48k each, the price will fall if people want to sell their points fast, but if you do that, make sure you're in hospital, cos you'll be a very tasty buymug target.