So i'm building my faction a website and i'm just checking to see if other factions would be interested in one.
Faction website
Started by belgareth [1877754] on in Faction Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 32
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 38 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Shannara [2186994]
· 3 likes ·
I'm almost done with our faction website, only a few bits to do. We have a faction calendar with faction and torn events loaded onto it, information zone with tutorials and help, competition section for faction racing and finally a … - Batman [984129]
· 2 likes ·
Everyone should check out our relentless.com website. Will blow your mind
Edit- ^ never mind thnx for the edit.
Some factions have ppl who make websites for them (ppl within the fac who know how to do it) however im not sure to what extent they get used since most people communicate on discord, and a spiffy announcement page tends to be enough. I'd personally like to see what you come up with anyway.
Some factions have ppl who make websites for them (ppl within the fac who know how to do it) however im not sure to what extent they get used since most people communicate on discord, and a spiffy announcement page tends to be enough. I'd personally like to see what you come up with anyway.
Is it free? :P
What functionality could you provide within your website?
Is it just going to be a stock landing page, or can you provide more than that?
Is it something that someone with just a small youtube spree of js, html5 and css3 videos could compile? Is it hosted by you on your server with a given domain to the faction. Or is it just built on a free host? Or are you just providing the selected files?
So many questions!
Is it just going to be a stock landing page, or can you provide more than that?
Is it something that someone with just a small youtube spree of js, html5 and css3 videos could compile? Is it hosted by you on your server with a given domain to the faction. Or is it just built on a free host? Or are you just providing the selected files?
So many questions!
It would be more a landing page but with your own domain {where available) and I would use a suitable hosting company.
Alot would depend on what was wanted. I don't see the need for more than a landing page unless you wanted to store member details which would then need storage space with secure login.
I'm teaching myself coding so if there is specific things someone wants, I would look into what would need to be done before agreeing to anything first.
This is something I would be coding from scratch so no website builder tools would be used.
Alot would depend on what was wanted. I don't see the need for more than a landing page unless you wanted to store member details which would then need storage space with secure login.
I'm teaching myself coding so if there is specific things someone wants, I would look into what would need to be done before agreeing to anything first.
This is something I would be coding from scratch so no website builder tools would be used.
Right now, I think alot of people are doing this sort of thing.
I don't know how others are doing the websites but my way will involve me coding it from scratch.
I'm teaching myself and this is something I would be using to build a portfolio eventually.
I don't know how others are doing the websites but my way will involve me coding it from scratch.
I'm teaching myself and this is something I would be using to build a portfolio eventually.
What you're describing is a static web site. Host it on Amazon S3 if it's for personal use. It will be live (albeit with an ugly URL but you can change that for a few dollars). Plug in to the Torn API to provide some functionality. You can make some fun tools with the API. Even some handy ones that don't exist on the likes of YATA and TornStats.
What tools are you using?
What tools are you using?
yes ill pm you my api code
Ummmm..... haha.
I haven't even looked at api calls as yet.
So far I have only been teaching myself html, css and a bit of js (I hate js lmao)
I got some free hoasting with a udemy course so have been using that so far.
Not too sure what you mean by tools im using. I am using brackets to write my code and filezilla to upload if thats what you mean?
I haven't even looked at api calls as yet.
So far I have only been teaching myself html, css and a bit of js (I hate js lmao)
I got some free hoasting with a udemy course so have been using that so far.
Not too sure what you mean by tools im using. I am using brackets to write my code and filezilla to upload if thats what you mean?
Please don't. Lmao.
I stand by my words i said 10 years ago, PHP is the way to go.
if you come up with something decent i'll give you space on my dedicated server so you don't have to deal with free hosts bs.
if you come up with something decent i'll give you space on my dedicated server so you don't have to deal with free hosts bs.
Ignore me. Continue doing what you're doing.
And good job on building your faction a web page. Most newbie programmers fail because they are trying to learn a problem solving skill without having a problem to solve. You're already ahead of the curve!
And good job on building your faction a web page. Most newbie programmers fail because they are trying to learn a problem solving skill without having a problem to solve. You're already ahead of the curve!
Careful, Joey.
Threatening to do that is very Evil Duck-ish and could see you in Fed!
Threatening to do that is very Evil Duck-ish and could see you in Fed!
Yeah. It's all well and good learning code, but it's pointless unless you know what to do with it.
I'm almost done with our faction website, only a few bits to do.
We have a faction calendar with faction and torn events loaded onto it, information zone with tutorials and help, competition section for faction racing and finally a member only chain section where a faction member is provided with a list of chain targets based on their stats to try and achieve 3+ respect per hit.
Good luck with yours. Websites take a lot of time to build and perfect. Good on you for learning and teaching yourself. Hav fun with it
We have a faction calendar with faction and torn events loaded onto it, information zone with tutorials and help, competition section for faction racing and finally a member only chain section where a faction member is provided with a list of chain targets based on their stats to try and achieve 3+ respect per hit.
Good luck with yours. Websites take a lot of time to build and perfect. Good on you for learning and teaching yourself. Hav fun with it
If there ever was a wholesome thread on Torn regarding websites, it’s this one.
Good luck on your project OP, I’m rooting for ya!
Good luck on your project OP, I’m rooting for ya!
im guessing yours has something to do with the api?
Everyone should check out our relentless.com website. Will blow your mind
i remember reading about this not on here tho it was somewhere else.
You can already do that stuff with faction forum, faction announcements, torn stats and yata.