Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

GPU Recommendations

Started by tiksan [2383326] on in Technology.

3 replies · 39 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
8 / 100
Story score
23 / 100
Engagement score
38 / 100
tiksan [2383326]
I’ve a build with an Intel i5-9600k running Ubuntu. I’ve been thinking about getting a Radeon RX 5700XT or a NVIDIA RTX 1660. Which one do you think I should get and why?

Additionally, what PSU wattage do you recommend for the recommended GPU? I currently have a 550W 80+ Bronze PSU.
Xeretrax [2039020]
You would need a 500w/550w PSU.
You shouldnt be using more then around 370w, but having a higher rated max w cap on a PSU would put the max usage into a better efficiency sweet spot....and the actual PSU price would still pretty much be the same.

The 5700xt would be a better card between the 2. But the price difference between the 2 should tell you that already here.
Xeretrax [2039020]
Hmm, I did base my calcs on the 1660, with a 5700 it would be roughly 150w more making it 520w. In that case I would get anywhere from 650 to 750w PSU.