Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

TL;DR Poll

Started by a_mobile_gamer [2510485] on in General Discussion.

28 replies · 409 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

a_mobile_gamer [2510485]
This poll will run until it falls below first page of GD.

Should I give permission to Joei to make her own TL;DR thread to "show the torn community what real news is"?

Also I wanted to take a general survey about my thread.
Snappy [644425]
I voted "Your thread is a s**tpost".

Reason - literally no content, no effort and the mention of Joei makes you a troll feeder.

Score: -2/10 poor showing.


Edit disclaimer for clarity - I enjoyed your TL:DR thread.
Bapki [2253001]
I personally enjoy your TL;DR "news" coverage!

As for joei's potential contribution, I don't have much of a comment, but can we all take a moment to appreciate that joei asked for permission before derailing a thread?? I'd say that's news itself!

Edit: Bad timing on posting this after Krystal's point about feeding trolls :)
MissAdventure [2202270]
If your getting bored of doing it, its ok to stop.

Let joie find something original to post. Its not going to be as good. I have them blocked anyway.
Sepulchrave [2092631]
Joie is not a member of the Torn community, it's a whore. If you walk into my house with a whore on your arm, I will ask you to leave. No offense, just take your f**kmeat somewhere else, where I don't have to look at it.
Shindig [865748] Officer Officer
Should you what? Asking the Torn community for permission to do something stupid is also doing something stupid. Are you incapable of saying no? If so, send SE's please.
joei [2474002]
how is it stupid? do you have something against the TORN community being informed and having multiple news sources?
KIarkKent [2080813]
I voted “No”

personally, I enjoy your writing of torn “news” too much and would hate for it to see it go / ruined because of people who simply dislike your shit. It’s gold shit imo.

you should consider being a reporter instead of civilian. That’s be nice to see by your name! (:
a_mobile_gamer [2510485]
Regarding those saying that I am feeding the troll, etc. :

I was honoring her basic human right of having her wishes considered. I believe trolls are like feral animals—without intelligence or reason. But perhaps, just perhaps, if we show them a minimum of compassion and decency, then they might find a little bit of redemption, just like a plant can grow on top of manure.

Bottom line:
Based on your valuable feedback, I will continue my main thread. Thank you to all of you for sharing your opinion with me!
MadameButterfly [2514180]
joei is incapable of bias, if you gave him permission to make a TL;DR thread he wouldn't report a threads content, what he would report would be his interpretation of a threads content and he would always fayour his and his boyfriend Dude's threads. It would be akin to how Putin controls the media over in Russia
Whis [1530096]
Your thread is awesome and you should keep doing it.

I think if joei makes one it'll be one giant shitpost