Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

j

Started by Rupene [2169382] on in General Discussion.

34 replies · 650 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 35 / 35 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Lord-Farquaad [2420552]
VERY interested in it.

Especially this little bit: BB: "I wouldn't have used so early all the SEs I did. I would have waited and would now have 320 sextillion versus only 320 trillion."

All I can say is shit is busted man. Nothing against BB, he's a cool dude. Just the game ever having the potential for such imbalance.

I'm still curious how most of the SE's were acquired and how much it all cost vs the 500T he quoted that would be needed to match him. I can't see him dropping a literal fortune on this game, so I assume there were many things at play.
KingShmexy [2071072]
SEs used to be cheaper back then. His big stat is defense, which means he did not use the self-busting trick to increase dexterity. rapid_riser, however, did use the self-busting a lot for essentially free dex SEs
Lord-Farquaad [2420552]
Ummmmmm, that's actually not the case here lmfao. Maybe you should educate yourself before speaking. I'm not jealous whatsoever, more disappointed at the radical game balances that had to be made at all which creates such disparity for similar effort (then vs now)
Monday [2402913]
Nah. Besides what does education have to do with this or you being a colossal turd?

Im probably more educated than you child.
Theres no imbalance this game literally rewards longevity. You talk like someone who's obviously jealous. XD

You typed two paragraphs and went into depth on how BB had advantages early on because pricing was different.


Guess what. He was here from the start so he’s entitled to those perks. Stop whining.
xedx [2100735]
To give BB lots of credit, also due to having a goal to just train for I think maybe a year straight, that's it, or somesuch - I don't recall the datails and he himself may have posted that, or someone else, so don't quote me. And the fact that it was a while ago is somewhat irrelevant, because it was due to dilligence on his part towards that goal. And yes, people do organize gang bangs on him, but there isn't really a good point to do so.
Monday [2402913]
I would say entire groups of people attacking BB is like a right of passage for factions, or so I’ve heard. Also a good training exercise on proper communication, timing, medding out, and using the proper stat detractors.
Lord-Farquaad [2420552]
Why don't you read that article, how much it would cost currently to match what he did then and tell me it's just longevity lmao.

I'm not complaining or saying they should be taken away whatsoever, stop putting words in my mouth. If you're going to sit on a high horse, make sure to your magnum dildo off the saddle first so you don't have such a stick up your ass

I don't have any problems with you, and I don't want any to start, but I'm also not gonna stand for the needless taking of shit because you misunderstand the point of what I was saying
Monday [2402913]
I didn’t misunderstand. I heard a bunch of whining about how bb stats are so high and that you’ll never touch them.

You talk shit like you want problems.
Lord-Farquaad [2420552]
Oh no doubt it took dilligence and setting goals. Not saying it didn't at all. The only relevance to it being a while ago is the game being different than it was now, but that's about it.

Seems people are looking at it like I have a problem with him or how that all worked and that's in no way, shape or form. I was just looking at what made it possible, and voicing some dismay at how it's become exponentially harder since that time. To say that's complaining is a stretch.
Lord-Farquaad [2420552]
You did misunderstand. I'm telling you for a fact. You weren't inside my head when I was posting. Sure the wording may not have been ideal, but you can't put words in my mouth and then judge me based on your own words.

Again, I'm willing to just drop it and move on like grown adults. I have no problems with you, I don't have animosity towards you. But if you're gonna come in here talking big and calling people children because of a misunderstanding, and then continue to try and defend it, then I've done what I can to clear it up, and the rest is on you.

So with no further insults, my olive branch is extended to you. Whether you accept it or not is on you.