Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Unread messages persistent notification

Started by bekoe [439563] on in Suggestions.

39 replies · 544 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Penicillin [1517799] Committee Committee
Personally, I would rather not have this. There are plenty of messages I just hover over and disregard rather than clicking into them. Under this proposed system, I would have to click into each one. That makes me feel like I am at work.
Shooby [2510470]
Maybe if there was the option to opt in or out for this feature, I'd agree. But as someone who ignores the majority of incoming messages, this would get super annoying. I cba to go through every message I receive to get some damn notification to go away.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Jesus christ, please no. We have had like 50 bug reports about people asking why their Event count isn't getting cleared after visiting their first page of Events. This change will cause an even further uptick in the bug reports, for no real benefit imo.
bekoe [439563]
Just coming back to a couple of points there, perhaps you should be able to clear the messages if you don't wish to read them. But I do truly believe there should be a persistent notification option. Maybe an opt in would be good, but having an unread mail notification seems desirable to me as does a mark as read option.