Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

PSA

Started by DedeSiregar [2430598] on in General Discussion.

67 replies · 1.24k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Tyrech [2091318]
Quick guide to successfully buy-mug:
-Step 1: Come across someone unprotected with an open bazzar full of goodies, henceforth referred to as "the idiot"
-Step 2: Start a chat with a random person advertising in trade chat to be buying stuff, henceforth called "the victim", and tell them your friend, "the idiot", might be interested in selling
-Step 3: wait a few seconds/minutes for "the victim" and "the idiot" to initiate contact
-Step 4: Buy-mug "the idiot" and try to pin it on "the victim"
-Step 5: Profit
Wollongong [12833]
Both are the same logic...

you do something despicable
you blame the victim

Game or not, it says something about the personality.

Full disclosure: I buymugged once, intending to return the cash. Just a little tease to get the seller aware about cash safety. They were already, I took less than 10k :)
arrow [2024586]
Except you buying from their bazaar wasn’t stealthed lol. They would know who bought and then mugged straight after.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Whoa your logic is failing.
1. I didn't f**king buymug anyone. Do you even read?
2. There are protection to avoid buy mugging
3. Your personality shows when you compare raping human being with game mechanism. So I will stop talking to you from this day on. Good bye n good luck in future
DedeSiregar [2430598]
It's not just the bounties or blacklist that hurt. But more about the calling me out for something I never did. Also this is about my source of income. I work hard to build a reputation and I work hard to get people selling their stuffs to me or notify me before they open their bazaar. It takes a lot really eventho it looks effortless.

Many talk to me before they start blind bounties but sometimes some people just bounty and block before I even say anything. I spent 90% of my career being under bounties by other noobs. I have had salty noob, multi noob, old timer noob, and pervert noob on my back. To a point I almost ditched the game that one time.

So sorry if I sound mean and cruel. But it does not hurt to start teaching the newbies in your faction how to keep their money safe. It does not hurt remind people that "hey, this is crime game where attacking and mugging are encouraged. They are on Duke mission, so please be safe".

I have seen young traders calling people out as buy muggers in trade chat but continue trading and selling without any protection. I too got mugged for millions daily before I decided to give up travelling, self hosp, and change job to clothing company. Hence I write this post.

Any way discussion gets too weird for me after someone compare a game mechanism with sexual offense. So I wrote what I wanted to write and just leave it there. Agree with me or not, totally up to you folks
Andyman [471591]
Generally speaking, you should list your for-sale items for 10% more than what you want for it. Especially if the transaction will result in you having more than about $30M on hand.

If the person buying the item from you doesn't mug you, someone refreshing your bazaar every few minutes most certainly will.
Brakier [2095393]
i dont buy mugg either, but i do sometimes buy alot of stuff, so once in a while some dude thinks im buymugging not even bothering to check the timestamps
Deimos [1608320]
ElChapo mugged you and stole $10,121 [view] 22:41:17 29/04/20
ElChapo mugged you and stole $1,028,451 [view] 18:53:52 29/04/20
ElChapo mugged you and stole $6,892,934 [view] 18:05:38 29/04/20
ElChapo mugged you and stole $13,480,934 [view] 11:22:53 28/04/20

Right i accused you because you care to stealth me you're the "f**ktard" ElChapo spread your bullshit somewhere else.
Lord-Farquaad [2420552]
I'm with you there man, seems like too much effort Rather use my E for training, which is significantly easier. Well.... was easier. Since I'm helping with HJ data for the gym scraper I have to press the train button 115 times instead of once
Spliffy [315389]
I mean... the fact your largest mug is exactly the amount shown on this thread, I don't see how Deimos can call you a liar...
Wamboozled [484539]
Travelling straight after listing expensive items in your bazaar is a sure way to be watched and buy mugged immediately after landing back in Torn.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Unless buying stocks while on plane, boss. Can transfer money into checks on the bank if we have laptop. N work in Clothing Company really makes the mugging less painful. Ppl should work in clothing company if they want to run bazaar often! The -75% mugging protection is over power