Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Max Happiness Merit Fail - where did I go wrong?

Started by av64 [2079113] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 306 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

av64 [2079113]
Hi, slightly pluzzled as to what happened. Was trying for the 99k happiness merit and burned 8-off eDVDs and 180 job points from my job in a 10* sweet shop.

To my reckoning, that should have exceeded the 99k cap:

base happy (PI) --------------> 4,5k
8-off eDVDs, @2500 -------> 20k
180 job-points (6@4500) --> 27k
total -----------------------------> 51k
ecstasy boost x2-------------> 99k

Instead I got 98k and a 'close but no cigar' fail 'cos I didn't have enough job points left over to cash in another 30 ...

Now, I know I put 180 job points in, as the total went from 204 to 24...
And I know I used 8 eDVDs, as the total in my items list reduced from 9 to 1
My PI hasn't been TP'ed or DogP'ed recently so 4,5k base happy
I didn't OD on the ecstasy (ha!)

.... drum roll ... only got 98k. ... ba-doom-tish ... no merit

Nearest I can get to this result is that 180 job points only gave 5 lots of 4,5k, i.e. 150 job points' worth = 22,5k points. This puts the total neatly to 98k which is what I observed (in round numbers).

If so, why would entering 180 job points in one block get me a different result from entering 30 job points six times in succession? Is this the case normally?

Any ideas where I went wrong or should I open a bug report?

Did I really try to trigger the merit one day early? Does eDVD only give 2,4k happy rather than 2,5k? Other thoughts welcome - still puzzled though...

And yes, I will dry my eyes now :)
ArttiIsGod [1954421] Wiki Contributor
4500(Pi happy) + 6 * 4500(sweet job special) + 7*2500(erotic dvd) = 48000 happy -> double that with ecstasy and you have 98000 happy

I would say you forgot to take one EDVD!

But I looked your personal stats and it showed 8 edvds taken.

Other way it could happen, you took edvd second before happiness reset, it reset back to base happy and you happily kept going without noticing.
av64 [2079113]
Thanks for the thoughts,

The time reset may have been an issue - not sure how to check that. I think I'm going to report a bug.

(and stop putting vegetables in my bedding - it is per-verse)
av64 [2079113]
Nope, good thought though. Thanks for pitching in. I'd been stacking for the last 2 days, saving myself and awaiting the moment to unleash the pent up fury of all that energy.

Ahem.

Hadn't even revived anyone - that's how serious I was about this :)
CorneliusIII [2470308]
The 15min happiness reset is the likely reason. As Art said 1 eDVD less would do it, and if you started with DVDs it would make sense.

Whenever I use boosters I reload the page to sync time and then wait 20sec past reset time just to be sure.
av64 [2079113]
Thanks for the thought - I opened a bug report. It seems that the last 2 eDVD events didn't register until after the ecstasy was taken.

The logs are the logs, so the matter is closed as far as the staff are concerned. But I think I hit a race condition with their data logger; I suspect it prioritised the drug event over the two booster events.

Never mind, I will take it more slowly next time.

Enjoy Torn!