This has been annoying me for awhile, Today I had around 20minutes if error 503 display as I login and it caused me to lose a big RR game can you look into this.
Error 503
Started by JaegersNoob [2535712] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 4
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 34 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 49 / 100
I don't think we had any extended downtime today (certainly none lasting 20 minutes). In case you get an Error 503, you can simply close the tab, open a new one and re-login? I think it was just a connection loss (possibly even from your end).
An issue that happened during. Pending Russian roulette Game. I refreshed the page it forced me to torn login home page then each time I tried to login error 503, I tried multiple times to relogin due to large amount at stake and I just said error 503 on multiple attempts and when it finally let me relogin, No RR game and the opponent and took action and shot me in the stomach? Can you look into it,
Can you please confirm your OS/Browser? Are you able to replicate the issue on some other browser?
I’m using safari on IOS I think iPhone
I don’t use any other browser.
Can you replicate the issue on Safari at all times or was it just a one time thing?
The only reason Error 503 occurs if you are switching networks (between WiFi/mobile network), or if your router had a hiccup and decided to change the IP address, none of these are related to Torn itself. These errors occur in response to network changes on your end, we have this enabled for DDOS protection for Torn's sake. At present this is not something we can turn off but are looking into alternatives.
The only reason Error 503 occurs if you are switching networks (between WiFi/mobile network), or if your router had a hiccup and decided to change the IP address, none of these are related to Torn itself. These errors occur in response to network changes on your end, we have this enabled for DDOS protection for Torn's sake. At present this is not something we can turn off but are looking into alternatives.
But then explain how my internet was working fine, I was currently in a Russian Roulette game and it refreshed the page the redirecting you in 5 seconds... It refreshed to Error 503, Then logged me out to the login home page then each time I tried to login it appeared with error 503. Then after several attempts it let me login and the opponent of the Russian roulette game had taken action, I wouldn’t be to bothered if it was a few million but 2.2b pot,
russian hackers ddosing ya........
I am afraid there's nothing that we can do in this case. The only reason why Error 503 is triggered is if your IP address changes for whatever reason. And this is 100% of the time on your end.