Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mugging guide

Started by randompanda [2522332] on in Questions & Answers.

15 replies · 414 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100
randompanda [2522332]
I have a mission from Duke to mug 140k.

Bit how do I find a decent target? I don't want to buy mug.

I want to mug inactive people who still have a job. But most of the time they don't have any money or they have been mugged in the past?

I don't see any mug guide on the forums for new people.
kYo [2106640]
ask a friend which is weaker than you, ask him to carry 20x the amount you need to mug. (That is assuming you don't have mugging merits).

mug him, return the money.
Rupene [2169382]
just ask a friend to hold some money and mug them then send back



(should be in Q&A)


edit : someone commented the same thing at same time
kYo [2106640]
I actually reported the post to request to move to Q&A.. hahahaha!

(I think reporting the post for this kind of reason helps the moderators? They don't have to read every post to know it's out of that sub forum context >.<)
MeganMarieJones [2443137]
The above suggestion works just fine if you're only going for the one-time mugging for the mission (and if you have at least one friend willing to do this for you).

However, a more practical suggestion for mugging, in general, would be to look in the Hall of Fame under net worth. You'll be able to compare your levels to see if you think you can take them out, and get an idea of who may be active/inactive by the age of their account, all from the Hall of Fame screen. Some of the accounts may have empty wallets, but the ones that don't will allow you to finish that mission fairly quickly. A good number of those accounts will still have passive sources of income (jobs, stock bonuses, etc...)
Mr_Red [1693261]
I feel like this is still a fairly random approach. I've got a networth of about 24B, you'd be hard-pressed to find any of it though and I certainly don't have it on hand so my networth is mostly pointless to look at.

I'd suggest doing a search for players just below your level, and you're looking to mug either just after 18:00 TCT when people are paid or people who have been offline for a day. Specifically, you're looking for people working high-paying jobs like Oil Rigs but that's likely to be a stretch for somebody your level. Once you've found a potential target it's time to look at their personal stats, you want to hit somebody that has taken less Xanax than you and somebody who has not lost a defend in the past 12 hours.

Once you've gone through all of that try and hit the person and good luck.
narO [2312928]
Like everyone else said, get a friend to let you mug them.

Since it's mission related, I'll add that getting a friend to mug will let you save energy getting it done all at once, mission rewards are so small that the less energy you spend on it the better.

Value your energy, you only get so much of it.
Overseer [2143302]
Mugging 140k is nothing. You can spend a single nat e bar mugging people and get that either cumulatively or in a single mug.
CorneliusIII [2470308]
Easiest way at low age is to mug any mission targets you only have to defeat, if you get a decent amount add them to your enemies list for later