#JusticeForFloyd #BLM
George Floyd
Started by Wamu [2029854] on in Politics & Law.
About this thread
Posts archived: 297 / 297 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 297
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 13 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 51 / 100
- Engagement score
- 86 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Dekloren [900534]
· 10 likes ·
I'm just gonna leave this here. [image: i.imgur.com] - Tolshortte [648554]
· 10 likes ·
it is a divisive tool, just like the KKK. BLM doesn't have to be overtly racist to create division. freedom to associate with it is irrelevant. when you purposely frame your movement to cater to or to omit demographics its … - Tolshortte [648554]
· 5 likes ·
drop the BLM and you've got something. don't divide people when you need a united front against a nationally mobilized force.
Did it happend again ?
I dont know what really happend yet so I gonna read about it first
I dont know what really happend yet so I gonna read about it first
I have look into it what horrible he was saying I can't breathe and that cop act like he is deaf. Hopefilly there will be Justice for Floyd. What that cop did was murder. He had him there was no reason to hold him like that
Already a thread about this:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=38&t=16164660&b=0&a=0
Welcome to the party.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=38&t=16164660&b=0&a=0
Welcome to the party.
drop the BLM and you've got something.
don't divide people when you need a united front against a nationally mobilized force.
don't divide people when you need a united front against a nationally mobilized force.
BLM is not a divisive tool. You're just as free to associate with KKK as I am to do with BLM.
it is a divisive tool, just like the KKK. BLM doesn't have to be overtly racist to create division.
freedom to associate with it is irrelevant.
when you purposely frame your movement to cater to or to omit demographics its inherently counter productive to a national problem.
the problem isn't that the police are overstepping against blacks. the problem is the police are overstepping. period. it doesn't require a qualifier and that qualifier does more harm to the cause than it benefits it. its really not that complicated.
its why debates turn into "look at the riots" or "he was resisting" etc. when people feel left out they are less likely to support your cause, right or wrong. perception > truth. always has been.
a much better approach would be to ask EVERYONE about their negative encounters with police, as it happens to every group of people. motivate them to end that abuse, from basic mistreatment to extreme cases like deaths, as a nation. start referring to it as an American problem and you are more likely to gain the support WE need to end this kind of shit for EVERYONE.
if black people quit dying at the hands of the police as a part of a larger movement is that not good enough?
I guess its not good enough
freedom to associate with it is irrelevant.
when you purposely frame your movement to cater to or to omit demographics its inherently counter productive to a national problem.
the problem isn't that the police are overstepping against blacks. the problem is the police are overstepping. period. it doesn't require a qualifier and that qualifier does more harm to the cause than it benefits it. its really not that complicated.
its why debates turn into "look at the riots" or "he was resisting" etc. when people feel left out they are less likely to support your cause, right or wrong. perception > truth. always has been.
a much better approach would be to ask EVERYONE about their negative encounters with police, as it happens to every group of people. motivate them to end that abuse, from basic mistreatment to extreme cases like deaths, as a nation. start referring to it as an American problem and you are more likely to gain the support WE need to end this kind of shit for EVERYONE.
if black people quit dying at the hands of the police as a part of a larger movement is that not good enough?
Nairobi disliked your post
George Floyd
I guess its not good enough
Mentions: George Floyd
You're trying to sanitize this whole situation by implying that this death was not racially motivated when it's clear things would have turned different if the victim wasn't black. Your 'All Lives Matter' philosophy is a protest to BLM so get off your high horse.
no, im pointing out a truth you don't like.
I am in no way sanitizing anything, suggesting anything of that kind, or directly opposing BLM. first of all im not willing to debate why he died or what is or isn't clear. his death and its cause is enough for me.
get off your high horse.
I am in no way sanitizing anything, suggesting anything of that kind, or directly opposing BLM. first of all im not willing to debate why he died or what is or isn't clear. his death and its cause is enough for me.
get off your high horse.
You are free to protest police brutality without necessarily subscribing to BLM. I don't know why the fact that a section of people choose to protest the same while subscribing to BLM bothers you so much. If you recall correctly, BLM came about as a result of incidents similar to this.
I explained why.
scroll up.
scroll up.
I did. Basically you equated BLM to KKK. That is so innacurate. Nowhere in the BLM philosophy is the marginalization or extermination or discrimination of white people advocated for. The KKK on the other hand exists to effectively eliminate people who don't look like them. That comparison of BLM and KKK is therefore dead on arrival.
wow.
is that seriously what you got from the initial post that set you off? or are you willfully ignoring it?
ill make it more simple.
1. this simply cannot continue
2. we cannot do what we have always done and expect different results
3, the segregated movement thing isn't working, hasn't worked, and isn't likely to work this time
4. I think its time to end the division created by labels that were designed to divide us to solve a problem WE ALL face.
5. I think the time of debating who has it worse, who is affected more, the rolling out of statistics, the "nuh uh" and "yuh uh" stuff needs to end.
6. WE will not overcome this challenge broken into groups. will not happen. they will, and have been, pit us against each other until we address this as an American problem. period. full stop.
if that offends you, I feel no guilt over that.
you can think what you want, believe what you want, determine what is clear all you want. I do not care. what I care about is finally coming up with a viable solution to end all police violence, regardless of who it is against, to end these tragedies. if we can do that it wont matter what color anyone is, we will all benefit, as a nation.
when my white son, my brown son, El's black son, someone elses yellow son or red son, daughters, wives, husbands, aunts, uncles, can finally not have to be concerned when encountering the police that they might be verbally degraded, beaten, or worse I wont give two flying happy f**ks how it go to that point. as long as we get there together.
is that seriously what you got from the initial post that set you off? or are you willfully ignoring it?
ill make it more simple.
1. this simply cannot continue
2. we cannot do what we have always done and expect different results
3, the segregated movement thing isn't working, hasn't worked, and isn't likely to work this time
4. I think its time to end the division created by labels that were designed to divide us to solve a problem WE ALL face.
5. I think the time of debating who has it worse, who is affected more, the rolling out of statistics, the "nuh uh" and "yuh uh" stuff needs to end.
6. WE will not overcome this challenge broken into groups. will not happen. they will, and have been, pit us against each other until we address this as an American problem. period. full stop.
if that offends you, I feel no guilt over that.
you can think what you want, believe what you want, determine what is clear all you want. I do not care. what I care about is finally coming up with a viable solution to end all police violence, regardless of who it is against, to end these tragedies. if we can do that it wont matter what color anyone is, we will all benefit, as a nation.
when my white son, my brown son, El's black son, someone elses yellow son or red son, daughters, wives, husbands, aunts, uncles, can finally not have to be concerned when encountering the police that they might be verbally degraded, beaten, or worse I wont give two flying happy f**ks how it go to that point. as long as we get there together.
i wouldnt compare it to the kKK, but they do have their fair share of racist involved as well.
The fact remains that this kind of police brutality is skewed more towards black people thanks to the profiling of this group that is almost a normal now. You can hide behind the veil of 'it affects all of us' but it doesn't change the fact that a certain community suffers from it way more than others. Pretending like this is not a racial problem and using the opportunity to discredit movements like BLM that don't conform to your far right ideologies won't solve anything either. We must appreciate the real cause of the problem in order to effectively uproot it. BLM exists to do just this.
how has that worked so far?
your rhetoric you are displaying here only further proves my point.
no one is hiding behind anything, im merely focused on a solution. I can say you are pretending it doesn't affect us all because it doesn't conform to your far left ideologies. but what will that solve?
so I will ask you again.
if black people quit dying at the hands of the police as a part of a larger movement is that not good enough?
your rhetoric you are displaying here only further proves my point.
no one is hiding behind anything, im merely focused on a solution. I can say you are pretending it doesn't affect us all because it doesn't conform to your far left ideologies. but what will that solve?
so I will ask you again.
if black people quit dying at the hands of the police as a part of a larger movement is that not good enough?
Like I already insinuated, a larger movement and BLM are not mutually exclusive. The two can exist simultaneously. Moreover, you'd be curtailing people's freedom of association by trying to get rid of BLM as part of your genius solution. The fact is that both the larger movement and BLM will be working towards the same goal. The division only comes about when you start advocating for BLM not to get involved with this.
apparently you insist on being evasive and combative.
you do you.
if you cant understand what ive stated very clearly, that's on you.
i just want this to end. if the labels you cling to mean that much then hold onto them. just don't be surprised when you find them to be an anchor.
-Albert Einstein famously said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
you do you.
if you cant understand what ive stated very clearly, that's on you.
i just want this to end. if the labels you cling to mean that much then hold onto them. just don't be surprised when you find them to be an anchor.
-Albert Einstein famously said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Oh I understand what you stated very clearly. I just don't conform to that school of thought. So yes, I will do me. Also next time you decide to get witty with a cliche quote at least attribute it to the right person. Albert Einstein never said such a thing. Good day.
actually the BLM movement does indeed impede a larger movement. Most folks really dont care unless an issue hits home, saying "protect black folks" pretty much makes it so white folks just keep on keeping on. If you turn an say "protect Americans" most folks regardless of color are going to pay much closer attention to the situation.