Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Networth Calc.

Started by Vobe [2170772] on in Suggestions.

20 replies · 165 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Vobe [2170772]
I think that money kept in faction vaults should be part of what is used to calculate your networth, after all it is your money that you deposited into the faction 'Vault'. Because some people may not be able to afford a palace or PI so that they can store money into the property vaults, so if they store money in the faction vault it should count as part of what is used to calculate their networth
Clippy [2247889]
I think it's intended for faction vaults to have disadvantages compared to using vaults you own, since it is a free, unlimited place to store money, and this is one of those disadvantages.
I also think it makes sense, as you relinquish control of money you deposit into your faction. You are entrusting that money to your faction to hold and need your leader or someone with permissions to retrieve it.
Shooby [2510470]
Factions vaults, per ched, are supposed to be used for faction supplies.

Since everyone can donate to the faction, you can't stick the vault total on one players networth.

It's not supposed to be used for personal player storage.
Shooby [2510470]
Sshhhhh.

But technically that's not what they were made for.
You can use it for whatever you want obviously. But what I said would be cheds exact response. It won't ever be calculated as part of a players networth, because that's not it's intended use.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
If you want it to count to your networth then stop storing in the faction vaults and buy your own. Or fly to caymans, it’s free.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
Lol wat, it does. It’s literally a free vault with unlimited storage that acts like any other personal vault.


Anything that’s directly linked to your person contributes to networth. Since you can access that vault in caymans, whatever cash is in there is part of your networth
Shooby [2510470]
Interesting.

Wouldn't know, I'm holding at 12. I thought that was part of the point in off shore banking was for it to essentially be undetected.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
Nah, offshore banking was essentially to fix the issue that only company owners can store all their cash, while everyone else can store a max of 1b in a single property vault. It used to be unlimited storage in the past as well I believe, but it had a 3% deposit fee. Ched changed that, probably cuz it was dumb to charge 3% of someone’s cash every time they wanna bank.
AwesomeMe1738 [2510723]
Think of it this way. If they faction leaders have complete control over the money you put in there, it’s not really considered your money because you don’t have control over it, someone else does
Blistig [1553363]
I dont really see why the funds shouldnt be added to the players nw. After the change that displays every players faction balance, it basically acknowledges factions as player banks. If the funds are recorded already, really no reason that it couldnt be tracked in the calculation for players nw.

As for the donation part, if someone was donating simply to give the money to the faction, it would require a leader to adjust the players faction funds.
Scarley [2261969]
funds can be manipulated. a faction leader could edit balances to make everyone trillionaires if faction balance counted toward nw.

edit: yeah, what pence said
Vobe [2170772]
I already have a place where I sore money, I'm talking about other people who cant, my problem was not that I cant store money in places, I was talking about others who cant.