Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Loan Shark Merit

Started by Blight_Lupus [2528155] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 689 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100
Blight_Lupus [2528155]
So from what I've heard, in order to get this merit I'll need to:

1) Take out a maximum loan from Duke
2) Only pay him back interest every week when the event log tells me to
3) ???
4) Profit!

Is that true? If not, please elaborate?
LordofFire [2411517]
Worked for me. Took me about 4-5 weeks to get it. Have to say was taking out loans before but repaying them before i got the event.
DaDood [2204689]
The exact mechanism is uncertain, but does require paying Duke what he is owed.

I have been taking out the minimum loan of $40 for 10 months, paying $1 every week and have not gotten the merit. So I don't think it is random.

Onother theory on receiving the merit is you must pay Duke when you have the loan maxed out. I will be trying that next.

Another method is described here.

Mentions: "Loan shark" merit, to get it another way

Zideract [2351909]
I got it from taking out the max I could I every week and just paid the fees each week. Took about 4 weeks give or take a few
OsRavan [2492713] Committee Committee
I feel like some folks have told me pay back the entire thing every day... interest and principal... and some saying only pay the interest back. Any idea if it makes a difference between those two?
Charra [2230731]
I took out the full loan amount, ONLY paid back the interest and it took 4-6 weeks for me to get the merit. Just be patient and pay your interest on time.
vgsdaer [2373350]
1. Take a loan, no need to be max.
2. Do not increase it.
3. Pay the interest payment each week as soon you receive an event.

Took me about 3 - 4 weeks with a loam of about 5 - 6 mil.