25 replies · 552 views · thread synced · 11 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
26
Discussion span
→
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Jack-o[133039]Admin
· 1 likes · I’d recommend doing the General Studies course first, all of the way up to the degree. I say this because once this is completed you’ll earn an extra 10% job stats for each course you then complete after you’ve completed …
HavokGDI[133687]Moderator
· 1 likes · Most people save business edu to the end, but I would say if you are trustworthy and build a solid group of friends people will pay you well to run their companies for them. As someone who owns multiple companies …
Computer hacking becomes useful later on, when you start doing hacking crimes. Bio is good if you don't have anything else in mind since you can capitalize on your medical CD. Sports is great in the long run 'cause you get more gym gains, so the earlier you get it, the better. Overall, it really boils down to personal preference more than anything else.
My recommendation is to do the introduction to biology first, then complete intravenous therapy. This will allow you to use/fill blood bags which are a sustainable efficient medical item that will save you time and money.
Once that is completed, I would go ahead and work on getting sports science done. The added benefits of the gym gains will add up over time and will be well worth getting knocked out early.
As others have said though, feel free to choose your own path. :) Make sure to check out the tutorial list here for more insight.
Definitely bio, and sports science is good. Then I would personally recommend doing anything that will add passives. But it truly depends on your game style. I do recommend saving math, psych and business till the end (esp if you’re not wanting to run a company any time soon). Definitely knock out the more beneficial ones first.
Most people save business edu to the end, but I would say if you are trustworthy and build a solid group of friends people will pay you well to run their companies for them. As someone who owns multiple companies the hardest part IMO is finding people I both trust enough to run them as well as have the edu done.
Some people might not realize you just need the intro course, then you can jump to IV therapy to unlock blood bags. You don't need to do all of Bio if it doesn't suit you.
I’d recommend doing the General Studies course first, all of the way up to the degree. I say this because once this is completed you’ll earn an extra 10% job stats for each course you then complete after you’ve completed the whole General Studies branch!
If you do IV therapy first you could sell blood bags and buy enough trains to surpass the 10% gains you'd get from Gen Studies degree. Plus merits for filling blood bags, using med items, get gym gain boosts a month sooner...
Or you could totally ignor all battlestat training, or at least a great deal of it, and become a reviver. At the end of the day it's all about choices and how you want to play. There will always be someone out there that can beat you in a fight, unless you're Bodybagger who's got insane battlestats!
If you come the realisation that you will be mugged, you will lose money but will make a ton of friends/enemies playing a game a lot of us are hooked on then just simply enjoy the experience.
Dont follow any suggestion ppl give that will limit your game style into one category only. That is biggest mistake in Torn imo. Torn is very flexible yet monotonous. You can be whatever you want but it is daily routine. So it can be boring if you only do one side of the game. I used to only interested in money. Then I got bored. So decided to gym. Then still got bored, I started fixing my crime. N then I race. I do all those at same time now. To answer your question the biology is to self hosp and sport for gym gain. I do driving license edu before doing gym gain. And strangely I do bizz edu before doing gym gain too. Almost finish bizz edu now. The computer is meh. But if you finish computer edu, make sure you open anon service. But make sure you don't serve by pass ppl block. Just ya know serving surprise gift or something. I see that as potential market tbh.