I couldn't imagine trying to do even 5% of what I do on a PC on a mobile/tablet/laptop. I prefer the horsepower, screen size, flexibility of a desktop. Further I can upgrade, add interesting options such as MIDI, etc. I can operate autocad and 3d scanners and printers can you?
mobiles are a specialized device, compromising capability for mobility. Consoles are to allow folks to get into proper gaming at a lower price-point, again sacrificing upgrade-ability, power, etc., for that somewhat idiot proof lower price point.
Why would I give a shit about proper horsepower screen size if I am stuck behind my pc and have less time to pay my bills and hang out with my family? Phone means i can pop a xanax when I'm shower, attack when I am having lunch with my fam, get to travel while in the middle of a bizz meeting etc. That alone is enough reason for me to choose phone over pc.
Chaining is sickening on mobile. the UI is absolutely nasty when you are trying to hit targets in faction walls, or pick targets in your black list or running through other factions or pretty much anywhere you might need to get more information about them than just their name.
This is the single most worst drawback of Mobile. every other thing is an acceptable change from travel, stocks, market, chatting, forum, etc.
but chaining on mobile is a soul-sucking experience.
When its the weekend and you wanna chain in bed but you have to hit the item icon then faction icon then item icon again, then have to get up and turn the real comp on to play. #mobilelyfe
Yep that is why I'm on Torn all the time. I never jump on from pc even when I'm chaining. Plus I'm too lazy to turn the computer/ laptop on but I use my ipad to play torn sometimes here and there.
I actually prefer chaining on mobile. Maybe because I got so used to it, but I find I can get my targets way faster.. Tho walls can be crappy on mobile as I don’t always get the dumb join button lol.
I think it all depends on how often you play and how you like to play. :)
I use android mobile browser (kiwi with doctorn/scripts) almost exclusively except for chain watching (for which I use PC also, since notifications on phone are iffy), and there's no doubt PC is a thousand times quicker, vastly less buggy and more intuitive all around. Definitely better for warring, chaining, trading, etc.
But I get antsy sitting in one spot for any length of time and I would never be able to take that middle of the night xanax if I had to get out of bed for it, haha.
Torn isn't really a game that requires constant monitoring, so most of the time mobile is sufficient and much more convenient. I would be sad if i had an iphone though!
PC is easier for chianing, editing profile, staff work. Mobile is better for alerts / remembering to fly / take drugs. Mobile is better for the easy little middle of making dinner and your e is full train.
Playing on PC certainly more comfy, very easy to do while you do other things as well.
Although, playing on mobile is a must for that on the spot train/travelling. Last summer I spent a longer stretch of time in a tent+cabin in the norwegian mountains, still managed to get my gym gains in after finding a spot with reception :) So do both.
I feel like if I was a brand new player and my first experience on TORN was on mobile, I wouldn't even know half the features that exist, just because they are more hidden to account for the smaller ui.