Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

RP

Started by maddy_sexy [2544306] on in Roleplay.

201 replies · 1k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 202 / 202 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
202
Discussion span
→
Authority score
12 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

maddy_sexy [2544306]
create a character and join!

name: Maddy
Gender: F
likes: reading,nature and romance
dislikes: mushrooms and rude people

looks out of the living room window at the rain falling and sighs, " why couldn't today be nice?"
ace my dog jumps on the couch beside me and puts his head on my lap " I know you want a walk"
Tonyteal [2561940]
Name: Alex
Gender:M
Likes: games, doggos, rain
Dislikes: Sun, direct confrontation, horror

*Before it started to rain* grabs my dog Otis' leash and attaches it to his collar and takes him for his weekly walk, on the way we pass his favourite tree and he takes a short nap, Alex joins him in laying in the grass until he feels a drop of water fall onto his face
"Bad luck Oats."
We proceed to start walking back to our house and Otis shakes the rain out of his fur.
maddy_sexy [2544306]
A few minutes later after petting ace, I get up nudging his head off my lap and grab some wood from beside the fireplace and toss it in, I watch as the flames dance around then settle back on the couch with a good book eventually falling asleep.
maddy_sexy [2544306]
2H later....
I awake to ace barking and for a moment I thinks hes barking at a cat.
"quit it ace.."
suddenly I cough, my eyes are stinging, I look around and the living room is on fire! I quickly scramble up off the couch and make, my way to the door gasping for breath,
"wheres the handle?" I wonder
suddenly I hear ace's bark I look over and through the dark smoke, there ace's furry little body is trapped under picture frame that was on fire, I quickly stumble over to ace knowing that I might be risking my life, wheezing for breath I embrace the pain of the burns as I try to save ace, The world starts spinning and i collapse to the ground unconscious as the flames engulf my house around me. meanwhile Ace's whining can be heard from the streets....
Miasmuh [2552750]
I'm in.

Name: Miik
Gender: M
Likes: Dark humour, animals
Dislikes: Arrogant people

I lift my hood over my head to cover it from the rain. I inhale the last puff of another cigarette I had lit while standing on the street. I look up and watch the skies rapidly darken while thick gray clouds form a roof over the city.
In the distance I can hear the muffled cries of a dog, which catches my attention.
I shrug. Distressed barking is nothing new to listen to on these streets. This tall building framed hell hole has more strays than trees.
I start to see smoke fill up the streets while the horizon gets a faint blink of light from flames dancing against the hazy background
maddy_sexy [2544306]
Ace continues to cry as I lay on the wood floors of my house, I regain consciousness and try to lift the picture frame so ace can escape but my weak efforts do nothing, suddenly a earsplitting boom erupts from the kitchen as a can of cooking spay explodes I wince and try calling for help but I cant breath, saying sorry to ace I search desperately for the door handle and find it.
with my last bit of strength I manage to open the door and suck in a precious breath before passing out again.
Miasmuh [2552750]
The ruckus begins to sound and look dangerous.
I take a step towards the visible heat on the horizon. It's seems to be closer than it was a minute ago. Then again I did take a step towards it.
To my surprise no sirens can be heard. Stuff is really going down there.
I flick my cigarette to a sewer at my feet and start walking towards the smoke which seems to fill the streets by now.
In the middle of it all I can just barely identify the source of the cries and a wagging tail.
"Hello?" I shout and wait for a response.
maddy_sexy [2544306]
I lay there barely breathing my body covered in ash,aces barking can no longer be heard, I moan and cry out as the fear finally sets in, shifting my weight I gasp as the burns shoot pain throughout my body momentarily paralyzing me,
"help!" I weakly cry out.
maddy_sexy [2544306]
sparks fly into the street lighting a tree,the wind shifts and smoke is blown into my face,I cough the tree falls onto my lawn igniting the grass my eyes widen but quickly start stinging, blinding me I start to loose all hope and wait for the fire to engulf me and turn me into ash.
Miasmuh [2552750]
"What's going on?" I ask the mysterious dog that came rushing out of the smoke.
The dog barked and started running towards the flames clearly gesturing me to follow.
I suddenly realize what's going on.
"Hello?" I ask shouting and decide to follow the trail of black smoke and heat.

I quickly come to a house surrounded by a flaming lawn.
This has got to be the place. I turn to the dog.
"Please stay here.. No wait, go get more help." I say to it.
I turn away and rush inside fighting the fire seriously hoping that the canine companion outside isn't hoping me to save their beloved squicky toy.

"Is anybody in here?" I yell and feel the smoke getting in my lungs.
I start coughing.
"Hello?" *Cough*

Under some debris I can see a figure of a woman.
I rush towards her.
"Hey? Wake up we gotta go!" I say to her.
Trying to lift all that stuff seems hopeless but I try nevertheless.
maddy_sexy [2544306]
I open my eyes and cough i wasn't dead I notice a man beside me and heard his voice, I manage to get up with his help, coughing as I do so " ace " I say though gritted teeth I look towards my home if ace was still in there he was gone for sure everything I had owned was gone I had nothing, " ace!" I cried I coughed some more and realized I couldn't save him so I shouldn't waste my time trying, all I could do was hope and pray that he was safe
Miasmuh [2552750]
I lift the poor woman in my arms and start carrying her out.
"Ace? Ace is right outside" I calm her and rush out if the inferno. She mumbles something and goes in and out of consciousness.
Just as we were reaching the exit I hear a loud crack.
A roofbeam collapsed right in front of us blocking the exit.
"Damn it!" I cry and try kicking the flaming wood.
"I'm not letting you go!" I tell the woman who doesn't response.
"I'm taking you to Ace!" I say with determination and ram through the debris.

I'm not much of a hero person. Just a street thug making ends meet with occasional mugging and bouncer gigs. On these streets you do what you gotta do to survive. Saving damsels in distress isn't my daily grind but it sure feels right.

Ace greets us outside with a wagging tail and a happy bark. Not sure if he actually even left to get help like I asked but I'm damn glad he's here now. In the distance I finally hear those sirens. I think we're good.
"I think we made it" I sigh and cough.
But she's not responing...
maddy_sexy [2544306]
I lay there in his arms covered in ash and soot, my head is pounding and my ears are ringing so loud I cant hear anything, but I realize i'm safe and try to thank my rescuer but I can do nothing but cough and drift in and out of consciousness,

one moment I'm in the fire the next i'm safe then i'm in an ambulance finally I find myself laying in a hospital bed, "h-how?" I manage to stutter utterly confused I couldn't move even If I wanted to I was covered in burns but still alive. A still cold glass of water sat beside me on a nightstand along with some flowers.

I try and reach over and grab the glass hoping to quench my thirst but I can't it's to far away, after about 30 seconds i'm absolutely exhausted again and decide to rest some more drifting off into a deep sleep.

My dream:
* It's dark, I'm all alone, ace isn't there and I start calling his name suddenly he's right in front of me,terrified his eyes as wide as they could go staring at me like I was a crazy person he didn't know

"ace" I say soothingly I reach out to pet him when flames start dancing around him I quickly pull my hand away.

Ace's eyes quickly change to an overjoyed look almost like he remembered me but couldn't see the dangerous and taunting flames millimetres away from his face...
I reach again to try to pet him and warn him of the danger and he cowers back the flames reflecting in his eyes looking at me begging for help,

then in an instant he was gone. reduced to nothing but ash.*

In my hospital bed I start crying and rolling around immune to the pain that tortured my real life body, wet tears visibly falling down my face while my mind was still stuck in the dream.
Miasmuh [2552750]
As I sit in the reception at the hospital waiting I find my mind wandering.
"Did I turn off the oven? Wait I didn't even cook anything today..."
"Did I shut the door on the way out?..."
"Did I leave a water bowl out for that nice dog. Ace I think she called her...?"
I had taken him home to my place after the incident and found an old soup bowl which I left a little water for him.
I glance at my hand. But dog food. Was written on it.
"But..." I misspelled the easiest word in the english language. Sigh.

A doctor interrupts my pondering
"She's stable" he says with a comforting voice.
"But heavily medicated. You can go see her but she might not be awake right now. Leave her a note so she knows you dropped by." The doctor leaves me with the problem of going in and being a little creepy or leave now and be a total tool.
"I need to see her" I say with a little shiver in my voice and grip the bunch of flowers in my hand.
I thought the flowers were a bit too much but a 'Get Well Soon' -balloon would've been just plain stupid.

"Knock knock?" Wait. Did I just say knock knock out loud?
I roll my eyes as I enter the room where she lies all bandaged up. The atmosphere seems nice. Caring even. It's a hospital after all.
Besides her bed there's a small nightstand with a bunch of flowers.
The bouquet is way nicer than my dumb flowers.
Wait why am I worried about something like that?

I walk over to this woman I guess I saved with a little caution. I wouldn't want to wake her. Ö
Well I kinda do wish her to be awake already...
She turns around as if she was about to wake up.
I hold my breath
maddy_sexy [2544306]
still trapped in my dream i stare at aces ashes,... suddenly I wake up and gasp it was just a dream.
my head still hurting and my face still damp with tears, I notice an man standing beside the bed,flowers in his hand
startled I flinch sending pain coursing through my body,

"h-h-hi" I say not wanting to be rude.
within seconds I remembered his face,well I think I did, to be honest it was hard to see through the smoke and debris,
But I was pretty sure this was the man who had saved me.
geez I was just laying there like a idiot, I moved slightly to shake his hand but quickly realized my mistake...

I swore under my breath, it hurt like hell to move, oh God it even hurt to breath.
holding my hand mid air feeling stupid, I introduced myself,

"hi I'm Maddy, I believe your the man who saved me?"
Miasmuh [2552750]
I took a step towards her as she moved. She was obviously in pain.
"Uh yeah hi. Don't move, it's ok. I'm Mike. Or Miik, whatever."
I stood there silently. I've seen people get injured and hospitalized pretty bad. This is feels just wrong. She didn't deserve this.
"Nice to meet you Maddy... Despite the circumstances." I say with a slight grin on my face.
"Technically it's the paramedics who saved you" I try with a pinch of humour in my voice.

The room went silent and I felt like a jackass.
"Im glad you're alright." I break the silence.
"That was a horrible fire and you were really close to getting burned alive back there. How are you feeling?"
My question seemed like it jumped right out of my mouth like a frog out of a swamp. I found myself being genuinely worried about her.
maddy_sexy [2544306]
"nice to meet you "Mike or Miik",
I laugh at his joke despite of the pain that overcame me " well they wouldn't have found me if you hadn't been there"
I smiled at him,
"well apart from everything hurting, i'm ok"
it's a little boring though, I just sleep eat stare at the wall repeat"
I add honestly
My arm getting tired I decide to deal with the pain that would happen as I moved my arm back to rest on the bed,
I tried to hide it,but I don't think I did a good job.
suddenly a wave of dizziness came over me...
Miasmuh [2552750]
She reached for my hand and I just stood there like a goof.
As I start to reach for her hand to shake she withdraws hers clearly in pain leaving me even more awkward. I notice myself getting nervous.
"I brought you these." I say and wave the bunch of flowers I brought.
"But someone got here first it seems." I point at the nice bouquet on her nightstand.
"Im glad you can say you're 'ok' even though you're bandaged up." I keep on blabbering and almost trip on some wires on the floor.
As I gather myself I look for a container to place the flowers in and find nothing so I just place them on the nightstand.

I stop and stare at Maddie for a moment. She seems very tired, or dizzy, I can't really tell.
"I bet you are drugged up pretty good and want to rest." I say mumbling a little. Then I remember her dog, Ace.
"Oh I brought your dog to my house. He's allright, a little shaken and misses you. I was gonna.. uh.. buy him food on my way home."
I was trying to leave Maddy to rest but I find it really hard to leave. I just wish I could do more for her. Letting her rest might be the best choice for me.
"So.. I know you're tired so.. yeah.." I stutter and begin turning away.
maddy_sexy [2544306]
"sorry" I say my vision a bit blurry
"thanks they look beautiful" I gaze at the brightly colored flowers trying to clear my clouded mind.
"and yeah whoever it was they didn't leave a name though" I say,
I continue to talk fighting the nausea and dizziness,

he tells me about ace.... then turns to leave
"ace" I say," wow thank you for looking after him, how much do I owe you?" I ask

just then another wave of dizziness took over me I closed my eyes trying to block it but ended up falling asleep,I had fought it for as long as I could........