Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn marriages Heaven or Hell???

Started by SickLoveStoRy [555013] on in General Discussion.

72 replies · 1.5k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 73 / 73 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Overseer [2143302]
Tried something similar myself. In my case, they did not find torn enjoyable in any capacity and haven't been on in nearly 100 days.
SickLoveStoRy [555013]
Kelsie - That's really cool to hear I have made 2 really good friends on here that I trust 100%. Really super cool you have found that special friend.


When I wrote this thread out I thought mosy people would be yawn. Move on. This sucks. I am really glad I made it now, . I have been having a low mood for a while now and some of the things written as replys have really warmed my soul. So thank you peeps. I needed to hear some good positive stuff and this has defo done the job.
AlexeaNikkole [888237]
Soooooo south is actually my 2nd torn hubs...

I was hitched to 5amuel for like 30ish days and then he was quitting and went inactive for a bit but he eventually came back.

Met South through a friend in IRC and we said what the hell got torn hitched. He just puts up with me. But I wish you could do own a pi because we bought it together w our money ??‍??.
Sepulchrave [2092631]
My RL wife and I just celebrated our Triple Sapphire Anniversary (850 days in Torn). I've been gaming with her since she was in her early 20s...it all just works. If she didn't play Torn I would probably stay single...or marry a damned cow or something.
Tolshortte [648554]
for me it was neither. just a means to an end. got the merits, and have tried a few other times since.

im better off single I think. im too much of a pain in the ass to expect someone to put up with me long term lol.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
I met my spouse on property forum. It worked out great eventho we are very different.
He like crimes, i like trading. He likes lay low, I enjoy to f**k shit up with other player. He likes slashing melee, I like high quality weapons. He likes merits and I love gym. He doesn't chat much so I put everyone on ignore when he needs to talk to me. He seems always worried I'd divorce him but I always said till merit do us part and I mean it. I told him the other day I want to rent a max PI and that I'll take care everything. He seems to freak out so I just calmly explain why we both need this and rent money and up keeps are non issue for me. N now he is chill again. You will love Luviette btw. I know I do.

Ps: hmu if anyone has full upgrade PI for me to rent yo.
Ps 2: This actually first time I realized luviette was guy. I thought he was a girl until I traced down his old post to make sure he is not a scammer or a weirdo. Not that it will matter anyway. He is opposite of weirdo. He is normal person.

Mentions: Males vs Females

Monday [2402913]
My honest take is that you may not have created enough drama for your spouse to play.

Without drama Torn becomes an obligatory button pushing game where you are trying to out stat or our money everyone else.

Bully someone weaker than you.

Shit, mug them, buy mug them. Cause a problem between factions.

HAVE FUN.

I play with my IRL spouse and we have a blast. I usually cause all the problems though.
Whyspurr [2259520]
I have a great spouse. He doesn't beat on me unless I ask him to, I don't beat on him unless he asks me to (or he leaves the toilet seat up), but really... we're both no drama types and it just works.
Chit [1380260]
I spent the better part of 3 months asking LucyPanda to marry me. She said no every time, until I think she made a joke that if I sang to her...she would.


Jokes on her, it's been 1428 days since I gifted her with my amazingly monotone voice.
PlatinumDevil [1920420]
I've been married in-game to the same person from the beginning, and we (as on September last year) engaged in real life (long engagement/lockown lmao)
Bojak [135372]
im only requirement was to be active. I wanted to help her but also have someone i can chat with. were really close friends now.
Jonicorn [2173172]
I was rescued from dump diving at at young age by my first spouse, but we went our own ways in game for a while until I met my second spouse who was my best friend in game. We had a fall out and divorced but quickly remarried, making him my 3rd spouse.


We fell out again and so I married a faction member who promised I could paint his PI pink and after a long happy marriage we both took separate paths faction wise and I gradually wore Wiz down enough that he agreed to marry me!


And we all lived happily ever after!
SpeedSkateR [10106]
I believe I have been married 3 times in my 15.5 years of TC existence. Always within the faction. Faction loyalty...it’s still a thing. I would have full marriage merits on my first two. Thepeon is a good dude but MIA for 1.8k days so it’s time to move on to someone actually playing the game. I’m newly wedded now 7-8 days strong. Gila is a cool, pretty impressive game play for a n00b (just don’t tell him I said he’s cool, don’t want to overly flatter).