Why do people mug people abroad even if the victims don't carry much cash with them? I can understand hospitalizing but why mug. Is that not a waste of energy?
Mugging abroad
Started by DOOMSWAGOMEGA [2543022] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 27
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 65 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
Most-liked replies
- -BC-M16 [1002535]
· 9 likes ·
Some peoples energy bars will max out whilst flying abroad and back again. So they mug once abroad so the energy isn't wasted. Not everyone is able to log on as soon as they arrive abroad. - Turmoil [1602605]
· 5 likes ·
Frequently your victims will have a significant amount of cash on hand. You just do not know it unless you try. People will go to Switzerland with large amounts to rehab. People will go to Africa on Xanax runs. In … - VladBull [2321305] Committee
· 3 likes ·
So IMO the reasons would be: -Using extra Energy so it won't be wasted -Hoping for a big loot -A few extra bucks needed to buy things -Personal retaliation When I go abroad I usually expect a mug so I …
Its a gamble.
Worth Mugging people in Caymen (cuz off shore banking), Switzerland (cuz ppl have insane rehab bills), and SA (especially if someone is armor running).
Worth Mugging people in Caymen (cuz off shore banking), Switzerland (cuz ppl have insane rehab bills), and SA (especially if someone is armor running).
But I keep being mugged in United Kingdom
Some peoples energy bars will max out whilst flying abroad and back again. So they mug once abroad so the energy isn't wasted. Not everyone is able to log on as soon as they arrive abroad.
Oh I see
thx for the info
thx for the info
You're welcome :)
Frequently your victims will have a significant amount of cash on hand. You just do not know it unless you try. People will go to Switzerland with large amounts to rehab. People will go to Africa on Xanax runs. In both cases your mug can be in the millions of dollars. You can still mug and not lose any effective E when you return. Just plan it right. For instance if you arrive in Africa with 100E, you can mug using 25E, and still arrive back to Torn with a full 150 E. (My case as a subscriber and using Wind Lanes Travel. Your situation may be different.) Also do not forget that you get a merit for a $1mill mug.
Some people travel instead of self hosp when they sell items, I think some people gamble on that.
Not worth it imo, but hey, sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while right?
Not worth it imo, but hey, sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while right?
Money is money. Like they said above, it's a gamble. You can mug people with thousands of dollars, or millions. It's also a good use of energy as it refills when flying back to Torn.
I do mug, but that’s to fund my flower/plushie running
I've mugged abroad for hundreds of millions in one hit, randomly.
Always use some energy abroad, purely to avoid losing any.
Always use some energy abroad, purely to avoid losing any.
It's part of the Game, get used to it.
Most people travel with the intent of purchasing goods. That's why you're a target. Traveling empty handed makes little to no sense.
Most people travel with the intent of purchasing goods. That's why you're a target. Traveling empty handed makes little to no sense.
It's fun, too.
thank goodness I barely bring any cash
Yeah it's a shot in the dark really, some people carry a lot, especially in the caymens, that's the hot ticket for mugging.
So IMO the reasons would be:
-Using extra Energy so it won't be wasted
-Hoping for a big loot
-A few extra bucks needed to buy things
-Personal retaliation
When I go abroad I usually expect a mug so I bring the money I need to buy what I want+a few extra for the mug :)
-Using extra Energy so it won't be wasted
-Hoping for a big loot
-A few extra bucks needed to buy things
-Personal retaliation
When I go abroad I usually expect a mug so I bring the money I need to buy what I want+a few extra for the mug :)