should there be something like a group chat on torn so that you could talk to a lot of people at once?
chats
Started by Vobe [2170772] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Authority score
- 25 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 39 / 100
Global chat?
Faction Chat?
Trade Chat?
Poker table Chat...
Hospital chat...
Overseas Chat...
There are lots of chat rooms in Torn.
Also, join them on Discord!! (link at the top of the page)
Faction Chat?
Trade Chat?
Poker table Chat...
Hospital chat...
Overseas Chat...
There are lots of chat rooms in Torn.
Also, join them on Discord!! (link at the top of the page)
I'm almost certain this has been suggested several times in the past, and one of the main catches to it is how to prevent spam from random people?
I'd assume like creating a group chat on social media and discord. Send invites to join.
With discord it's kinda obsolete but, bouncing back and forth from torn and discord is also kind of a pita, especially for us mobile users. would be easier and more convenient to do from the site directly.
I have quite a few mutual acquaintances I'd like to have a group chat with. Tho were not all in the same factions, companies, torn discussion chats (some of us are still in NPC holding, some have moved into global).
With discord it's kinda obsolete but, bouncing back and forth from torn and discord is also kind of a pita, especially for us mobile users. would be easier and more convenient to do from the site directly.
I have quite a few mutual acquaintances I'd like to have a group chat with. Tho were not all in the same factions, companies, torn discussion chats (some of us are still in NPC holding, some have moved into global).
There would be spam invites, or spam adds in the other form I have seen, more akin to a group text message- you're there whether you want to be or not.
There's a feature already implemented that doesn't allow chats to be initiated without prior interaction. Use that feature and also have to ability to block such invites. Also have the option to mute/opt out of said chats.
That's like saying that we can't have standard messaging because of the possibility of spam.
I don't think the intended use is for huge groups of people who are just gonna spam invites to random people.
That's like saying that we can't have standard messaging because of the possibility of spam.
I don't think the intended use is for huge groups of people who are just gonna spam invites to random people.
Yea, idk