Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Reviver

Started by Mojodongo [2189766] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 184 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
21
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

-BC-M16 [1002535]
You have to reach the top rank in the medical start job, brain surgeon. Once you get there you permanently gain the ability to revive. So you can leave the medical job after that and you will still be able to revive.
DaDood [2204689]
Joining a revive faction is very helpful for reviving.

Reviving costs 75E unless your faction has applied Respect to reduce that. In a reviving faction, it can cost as little as 25E to revive someone.

You can always give revives away, but if you want to get paid it can be hard to find customers. Most of my revives are from faction revive contracts from other factions fighting wars.
Woodworm [2486158]
I've always sent a xanax to those who revives me, even without prior communication. Is it common that people you revive wont pay?
NeZzaKo [2389079]
I think he's saying that you can give free revives without people asking for it, if you're going to ask I think its normal to pay a xan or 1M
Woodworm [2486158]
So people doesn't pay unless asked to? Cheap bastards, I mean if you have revive option active, then you are basicly asking to be revived and thus you should pay.

Should get a spreadsheet going with name shaming people who doesn't pay for the service.
Clippy [2247889]
Some do, some don't. I always send a xanax for unsolicited revives. Without any agreement in advance, there's no obligation, but I think revives should be paid for so I do.
insipid [2374063]
Adding onto the above posters' points..

For the Brain Surgeon rank in the Medical Job, you require 2600 Manual Labour, 10000 Intelligence, and 4000 Endurance.

I mean the OP has already got this, but just thought I might add this info just for the sake of it :3
LordDankenstien [2502839]
I usually send a xan or 1m but if I don't have it then i'll just send the item of nearer value to a xan or 1m


I did end up paying a reviver in all my old melee weapons that was pretty funny
-BC-M16 [1002535]
Revives are set to allow everyone by default. There are good reasons why you would't want to be revived, for example there is 3 medals and 1 honour for medical items used. Also if someone is currently chaining and using you as a chain target, to avoid being repeatedly hit. If you are selling stuff in your bazaar or through a trade and don't want to be mugged. I personally won't pay someone who revives me without prior agreement. I leave my revives on for when I od and want to be revived.
DaDood [2204689]
It doesn't happen to me - only because I don't revive without prior agreement of payment.
I offer a revive for $1m or a Xanax - almost always to people with OD, but some hospitalized abroad. So using meds is not an option for any of them.

The vast majority of people I ask don't take the offer. A few respond that they are waiting for a free revive, or for someone else to do it. I assume if anyone doesn't respond to the offer it is because they don't want to pay.

I know revivers who revive without asking. Most of the people they revive don't pay.

So I would say that it is common for people to not pay for revives.