Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Historian merit

Started by midget_dance [958460] on in Bugs & Issues.

39 replies · 753 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
56 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

midget_dance [958460]
Ive tried everything to trigger this but its not triggering i been trying few days now.

I spent a good 27min on the founding of torn and nothing

Im using mobile data. I log in and out and did all the other methods and still nothing
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
You can't just stay on the page to trigger the award. You need to be scrolling through the page, actually reading it. 10 minutes of slow scrolling triggered the award for me.

In either case, I will pass this along to Joshua for now to see if there's an issue.

Thanks!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
On our end, it's saying you've spent 13 minutes (780 seconds) on the Founding of Torn.
I can pass this up to developers to check if there's anything more that can be done for a more consistent / reliable time tracking method.
ToyotaSupraTT [1326851]
I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried reading a few different chronicles for 15-20 minutes as well as flat out reading them. :( just want the merit by now.


Thanks
Chick [2589433] Committee Committee
I've spent about an hour trying to trigger the merit by legit reading and very slow scrolling and still haven't got it.
WhiteMafia [1852855]
I had to turn my device auto lock off and I left my phone on the chronicles page for what felt like 2 hrs before it triggered. Had enough time to read them all 4-5 times before I just left my phone sitting on the page.
Smokey123 [248901] Helper
I know this doesn’t help if it is indeed a bug but I got the merit on the first day and what I did was (I did read them properly before this and did not get the merit) close any other tabs or windows with torn active, scroll up and down the page a couple of times, highlight some sections of the text, click around the page, scroll up and down again (right to the bottom and back to the top again). I stayed on the page for about 5minutes whilst doing the above. - this triggered the merit.


Also, for each chronicle file you successfully ‘read’ you get a X mark on the drawer to show you’ve read it. After I got the merit I went back to the other drawers and got the X on all of those too.

Hope this helps



Smokey
kleee [2244059]
I decided to give it another try and i sat on one chronicle just scrolling up and down, sometimes id use my mouse to scroll other times id use my arrow keys and slowly scroll....it took 10mins and 50secs but it finally triggered the award!