Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is API Data Stale?

Started by Hawk [2080065] on in API Development.

5 replies · 195 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
71 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

Hawk [2080065]
I thought I read once that API data is 15 minutes old, but it looks like it has current values.

Can someone who KNOWS, confirm or correct me?
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
It depends on which part of the API. Most of it is instant (for the exception of the cache of 30 seconds ofcourse).

Then there is the stock market, which has a 1 tick delay (at :59, you'll receive the data of the :30 tick, at :00 it's the :45 tick, etc.)
For the itemmarket/bazaar, I'm not 100% sure but I think it has a 2 minute delay to update prices/amounts per bazaar.
There might be more parts with a delay that I missed.
Hawk [2080065]
Thank you, DKK!
Exactly what I was looking for.

Just confirming - for the stock market ones, does 1 "tick" equal 15 minutes (not seconds)? So, it's basically a snapshot of the Torn stock market 15 minutes prior?
Stiny [992186]
You can also query `timestamp` as a selection on any endpoint and it will give you a unix timestamp of when that data was created for the query. You'll notice that if you make the same call a few times in a row the timestamp doesn't change.