21 replies · 540 views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Andyman[471591]
· 10 likes · ... Torn Science idea: Find a player who has never spent money on Torn. Buy 1 Donator Pack at a time until the blue name appears. ... repeat the experiment with 3 other players, then compare results. (This post was …
VladBull[2321305]Committee
· 1 likes · Now I have an indecent question. As most of you guys have the blue name so almost 200 DP's bought. How come some of your NW is away below 48B? :) ((LE: bad maths, sorry) I was thinking of buying …
Well we've all seen people with the dark blue names playing this game. I've asked about it and heard a lot of different answers about how much you need so spend to get it. First I heard 3000, then I was told only 300, and then someone who said they knew for certain it was 1000.
So how much is it, and is there a way of checking how much I've spent so far because I wanna know if I'm close to it yet aswell.
I’ve spent an embarrassing amount on this game. I would say it’s at least $1k.... as for checking, I’m not sure (minus going thru your email and counting?). Pretty sure sub + buying DPs counts towards the Blue name as well. Tbf I didn’t even know I had the blue name till I went to change my honor bar xD I was shocked to say the least xD
215 Donator Packs bought seemed to do the trick. 226 Donator Packs bought also did the trick for someone else.
Not sure if the currency value happens to do with anything ... but those amounts both worked for atleast 4 people in the last 2-3 months with no issue.
Edit: You would normally need to get 25 Donators packs, then Buy another 25 Donator Packs, then 25 packs one more time (25*3) before you unlock the higher increments (50 or 50+) which give you bonus points.
Subscriptions and buying Donator Packs both count.
It's believed to be around the $1k USD range when it becomes available, though that's not exact. (I don't know what the algorithm is exactly so don't ask me to spill the beans. :P)
There is no way to track how much you've spent through Torn, but you can always run through your email or the transaction history from your payment provider and add it up.
However many DPs you get for $1,000 is what you have to do to get a blue name. I am unsure if being a subscriber counts, but from my experience, I believe it does. The benchmark is not the # of DPs, it's RL money spent in game. Sorry if that's a bummer for some of you.
I calculated all my paypal payments to around £850 (DPs and Subs), might have used credit card once for another £80 ish, maybe more, cant remember so $1000 (£800 mark) seems about right
Now I have an indecent question. As most of you guys have the blue name so almost 200 DP's bought. How come some of your NW is away below 48B? :) ((LE: bad maths, sorry)
I was thinking of buying 25DPs soon and I am thinking of buying with bitcoin is better, blue-name-wise! :) I mean using BC is cheaper but then do I have to buy more than 200? :D
I think your maths is abit scuffed bro 200DPs is $5b, not $48b
yes bitcoin counts towards it, not sure if the 20% savings counts or not, tho, as I paid for dps with both bitcoin and regular money.
*edit* also yeah, £800 sounds about right, however, the price of DPs is forever changing due to currencies values changing IRL, which is probably why there are slight discrepancies between values, some point last year I swear I saw DPs @£4.20. They're currently £3.86.