Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Museum debuff?

Started by Aezur [1950769] on in General Discussion.

50 replies · 1.2k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 51 / 51 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
51
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
44 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Aezur [1950769]
I was reading this weeks anouncement, and from now on the subscribers point giveaway has been increased from 1050 a day to 19500. That's a huge number of extra points being pumped into the system, so will almost definitely make points price fall.

Seems like a nerf to museums for no reason. Did museums need a debuff?
Aezur [1950769]
Maybe, but the price of points has been pretty low anyway according to the graphs. And any way you cut it, if supply increases while demand stays the same, the price drops.
Aezur [1950769]
There's a daily point lottery for subscribers. It used to be first place gets 500, second place 250, third fourth and fifth get 100. Now its 10k/5k/2.5k/1k/1k or something like that.
MadameButterfly [2514180]
Random is a bitch isn't it? it's almost like there is absolutely no mathematical formula that guarantees you a win which can't be true because everyone knows that million to one chances happen nine times out of ten, I mean it stands to reason
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
One of those heartbreaking moments, don't you wish you had won a couple days later? :(
SporkMonkey [2065017]
Bittersweet, for sure. LOL I am sure Bogie did it on purpose.

Edit:

bogie liked your post



Museum debuff?



I KNEW IT! Get your tinfoil hats on gents, and call Alex Jones... conspiracy confirmed.
VanilaNightmare [2310825]
A while back, I timed plushie refills (2500 per) to close to a 2 hour cycle. Thats 30,000 sets per day of plushies being purchased which is 300,000 points per day just from plushies. Assuming flowers are close to the same, which would be a 6 hour cycle time (7500k per), thats 600,000 points/day created from travel items. Even without including the points from history item trade-ins, the 18k point increase is only about a 3% increase in supply.

There are a lot of assumptions built into that but unless I am off by an entire order of magnitude, I dont see it making a big difference
Hornz [2220919]
Or perhaps due to the overall amount of subscribers. (I really don't know.)

To the OP, with the amount of points sold in a day, you'll never notice an extra 18k of them.