Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

please graveyard

Started by Galabrielle [1936261] on in Graveyard.

167 replies · 2.9k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 168 / 168 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

PlatinumDevil [1920420]
I kind of feel sorry for you for being offended by this. Had it at any point crossed your mind that rapy is either a nickname based on their real name, a slang term in a non-English language or an acronym. If not one can only assume that you only think the worst of people or that your mind is in a pretty messed up place if that's where your mind instantly goes when you see something like rapy.
Sevro [2322260]
So it’s just more “sword-y” or more “quick and incisive” than rapy would be. Either way, OP is failing hard at whatever their motive was :/
Shoop [1326199]
Outrage! How can such a name exist? I’m calling the police! In fact... Straight to the president; he has to know of this blasphemy!


I know I won’t sleep for weeks because of this guys name now.
SporkMonkey [2065017]
I suspect their motive was the same as any Karen - take offense at any little thing and try to get everyone on their side so the (community) manager will take notice.

I have a really great meme for this, but because it involves one of her profile pics, it'd be considered harassment to post it.
dunmugmeh [538353]
People having a 'funny'/'bad' name should be dealt with. But there are bigger fish to fry. ie cheaters and players who have a lack of respect in other ways.
ISHAAN [2112856]
[background color=#f2f2f2]They want us to agree to the rules again, but they don't enforce the rules.[/background]

[background color=#f2f2f2]Some time ago I encountered a player named Galabrielle[1936261]. This name is clearly offensive. I reported it and explained why I found it offensive. Other players also reported the name.[/background]

[background color=#f2f2f2]The responding staff member had a lot to say to me about it. He said that **** was not a part of the game, and was clearly not a thing they wished to promote or condone. So far, so good.[/background]

[background color=#f2f2f2]Then the staff member write a lot of other stuff, including that if the player was referring to ****, his name would be ****y. The staff member said that maybe the guy's name just meant that he likes rap music.[/background]

[background color=#f2f2f2]I responded that if they liked rap music their name would be Rappy.[/background]

[background color=#f2f2f2]The player was not required to change his name. He still has the name, and he is still playing the game. Here is the evidence: [/background]
[background color=#f2f2f2]https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=1936261
[/background]
[background color=#f2f2f2]I left the faction I was in that this player was also in, a faction that I liked, a faction in which I was a founding member. This did not seem right to me at the time.[/background]

[background color=#f2f2f2]Do you think this player should be required to change his offensive name, in accordance with the rules that we are all supposed to follow?[/background]

[background color=#f2f2f2]If not, are you still mystified as to why there are not more women playing this game?[/background]

Mentions: Galabrielle [1936261] · RAPY [2111189]