Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

My first book!

Started by ZZZX [2230918] on in Art & Literature.

22 replies · 212 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
9 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

ZZZX [2230918]
So, I just wanted to share this because it still feels unreal to me, after many months, much coffee and sleepless nights, my first book is finally releasing soon. Ever tried to balance between chaining, studying and writing? Lol. It almost feels like a dream to me haha. Here is a picture of the cover:

[image: profileimages.torn.com]

It is a fantasy novel, with both war/adventure themes present.

And food.

Much food.

Very many food.

Well, it is super exciting to me, and it would be a lie to say I am not super hyped haha. and also hungry, I am always hungry.
ZZZX [2230918]
Aye, self-published though Amazon. I thought about going trad, but just decided I wanted to go crazy on the book, to have the freedom to get it out the form I really wanted.
ZZZX [2230918]
Been working on it for 6 months, but it was very sped up during the quarantine (haha... free time does good stuff sometimes).

The book is about this character called Jorish, who used to live in a very rough place. A country that is "cursed" with a brutal unforgiving sun, and tyrannical rulership. The guy was making means, barely, the same as everyone else in that city. The only different thing for him was a book he often carried, which listed locations and legends of their world.
One day, he meets the traveler, who causes his life to be turned upside down. He goes to then travel and get stronger, and get to meet and discover the truths and lies of what he read in his book, and to hope that one day in his travels, he too would join the pages of history...

Blurb: (basically better written version of the above haha)

[background color=#ffffff]Dust, smoke, and flames.[/background]

[background color=#ffffff]Life in the sun-touched cities was merciless, and for many, survival was the most of their aspirations.[/background]

[background color=#ffffff]Jorish was no different, he lived pointlessly, as days went. In his hands, he held his dreams, in a book about legends and stories of the world.[/background]

[background color=#ffffff]Until he met the Travelers.[/background]

[background color=#ffffff]Now, his entire life will be turned as he travels the world, meeting legends, and visiting locations that he had only dreamed about. Until the day, he would join the pages of history itself.


[/background]
Been also enjoying the illustrations I had my artist make, albeit I kind of regret it... its expensive to do them. Wee haha
Strasmore [2048312]
Sounds really interesting!
I am happy for you!

I've been somewhat writing myself but i never get the time.

makes me really happy to see something good out of this quarantine.
ZZZX [2230918]
You should get started!

I still can't believe I finished it, but you just gotta get writing I guess! And eventually you will find yourself done.
ZZZX [2230918]
I've been in that situation way, way too much.

First it is the writers block, where your mind just shuts down and refuses to write

Then you get into editing...

Then the whole marketing and business side of things.

Yea, it's full of difficulties, but it is worth it in the end for sure.
ZZZX [2230918]
Through blood and tears, and hitting head on the wall.

None really likes editing, but you have to do it, unfortunately. I am actually suck in last day edits and man... I hate my life haha...
1957125 [1957125]
That is so cool! So Very VERY cool!

I know a little something about how hard it is to write a story! I feel like planning out my webcomic is already super difficult, I can't imagine how hard you must have worked to write an entire book! I'm super impressed that you managed it in 6 months, according to your comment. Your character Jorish and his story sounds interesting, so I'm definitely gonna look for your book on amazon!
ZZZX [2230918]
I had to delay my book release while I work a bit more on it.

The journey keeps getting longer even when you reach its end. Ah well! It will eventually be finished again.


I might or might not have been held at gun point by my editor to give it more editing time
TornFalcon [2042205]
Hey mate keep us updated, I am honestly curious after following along on Royal Road.
I've enjoyed what I've read so far a couple chapters in!
Rainbow-idiot [2304079]
I've been working on my book for four months now, I'll be lucky if it's done by Halloween. You must have talent or serious time on your hands lol.