Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn App Copy / Paste issue

Started by Unknown [2112841] on in Bugs & Issues.

14 replies · 44 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
5
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100

Most-liked replies

Unknown [2112841]
I had a quick look and couldn’t find if it had been posted before. Sorry in advance if it has.

Anyway, my issue is that I can’t copy / paste any text from in game using the app.

I've spoken to others that seem to not have this problem and it is a recent issue for me. Maybe it’s dependent on device? I’m not sure but I hope it’s fixed soon.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Can you please try logging out of the app, clearing cache and then log back in and see if it fixes the issue? It seems to be working fine for me, so it has to be device specific.
TornFalcon [2042205]
iPhone 11 | 13.5.1
Logged out, cleared cache from settings menu, login

Was having same issue as OP.
The hold to select text appears to not work with a single tap,

OP: try finding a word to select, double tapping, and on the second tap hold the word like you normally would.
This has been working for me on the iOS Torn App.
It has been highlighting a word blue and giving me the slide selectors(highlighters) after that.
TornFalcon [2042205]
Long click doesn't appear to work either.

Tap..Tap/Hold ... has been working for me in app.

Edit: Having neither of the two problems below, with tap..tap/hold.
confirmed: can copy and paste stats/ app text/ can copy text of links w/o opening link.
Unknown [2112841]
Yeah, it was fine up until a couple days ago. I can copy / paste from anywhere that I can type but I can’t do it from anywhere else. Can’t copy / paste my stats for example.
WhiteMafia [1852855]
I can highlight text on my iPhone 8+ and select copy. But if I want to paste it to torn I have to paste it to note pad first and re copy from note pad to then paste to torn.
Unknown [2112841]
Yeah the double tap and hold works! But i feel its unnecessary. It worked normally until recently, thought something may have broke. At least we have a fix for now, thanks.
TornFalcon [2042205]
Glad it’s working.
I’m not sure if it’s an iOS thing because
there are some spots throughout my phone use
that that double tap method works for as well.
so maybe it was an update iOS side thing.

Either way glad it’s a “somewhat” fix !
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Unfortunately the iOS app itself can no longer be updated, so even if identified as a potential issue, we cannot resolve it. The other point is that the app hasn't been updated either, so it is highly unlikely that the feature broke down within the app itself, it's more likely an iOS issue.

I am afraid that there's nothing that can be done on the iOS app front from our end, so I will have to close this report. Sorry!
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
On second thoughts, I am gonna pass this up to Vadim, just to check if there's anything that can be done at all, unlikely but we can hear his thoughts. Thanks!
vadimto [1979277] Admin Staff
We updated our app to the new native version. Please update app to the latest version 1.0.9. This thread will be closed. Thanks!