Does any have a strategy for buying properties to rent out? And is it worth it? Ive been kinda of doing the math, and you would have to have quite a bit of properties to make it worth while. Trying to make my money work for me, instead of me having to hussle all the time to make money. Thanks
Real estate
Started by Shuman72 [2457482] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 21
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 65 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Shooby [2510470]
· 5 likes ·
Not really worth it unless you have a couple pi's laying around. The return is minimal and very slow. Even if you have a couple palaces, castles, etc.. it's gonna take a very long time to even cover the cost … - Overseer [2143302]
· 5 likes ·
Technically anything made from leasing is profitable because you retain the property. Not really profitable over the investment. I think about it with the mindset that you can sell the property and be better off than you were before.
Not really worth it unless you have a couple pi's laying around. The return is minimal and very slow. Even if you have a couple palaces, castles, etc.. it's gonna take a very long time to even cover the cost of the property.
If you are able to get into a property broker, with the LoP edu, with the ELBT stock BB, you can upgrade the properties at the cheapest point available. Then you list them for whatever you feel is fair, this will get the highest too tmk. I don't know much as far as the ideal number of days to list for. I'd shoot for 30+ because who wants to deal with leasing more than once a month.
This is true, something to consider. The PI market specifically is very saturated.
Thats what i was thinking. Thanks for the input guys.
It is profitable just small margins. I made a few hundred million doing it over a couple of months
"just small margins"..."I made a few hundred million." Okay, bezos
Also doesn't seem likely to make a couple hundred million profit in a few months lol. Unless it's not really profit and you didn't actually cover the cost of the properties.
Technically anything made from leasing is profitable because you retain the property. Not really profitable over the investment. I think about it with the mindset that you can sell the property and be better off than you were before.
its not. sell all your properties
"Profit" is the money you get AFTER covering the costs for buying/upgrading the property.
If I remember corectly, the ROI for a PI is over 2 years.
If you fancy spending around 500M, renting it, trying to not have dead rent times and keeping it up for 2 years, then go ahead.
I got a PI on the wheel and I upgraded it to make it rentable. If I would win another one, I would sell it in a heart beat...
I gave around 75M for the upgrades and I don't think I covered those yet either, at a time where 400+M would have given me a much bigger boost in profits elswhere as a new and poor player.
If I remember corectly, the ROI for a PI is over 2 years.
If you fancy spending around 500M, renting it, trying to not have dead rent times and keeping it up for 2 years, then go ahead.
I got a PI on the wheel and I upgraded it to make it rentable. If I would win another one, I would sell it in a heart beat...
I gave around 75M for the upgrades and I don't think I covered those yet either, at a time where 400+M would have given me a much bigger boost in profits elswhere as a new and poor player.
I own 6 not fully upgraded PIs for renting. 2.4 million a day. I buy for 550m million and I can sell them for between 530 million to 540 million so after 2 months I make profit. Hassle free profit. Easy income. Covers my daily xanax.
Just do it, get em outta here xD
You are correct. At your level/nw and no. of PIs it makes sense.
Bit think of all the new playees that grind for 1 year and hold 100-500M just sitting in xanax, points, faction vault not making any money just so they can " buy their first PI"
If you have 2-3B in bank and the best 4-5 stock BBs it is clearly a good investment.
Not before imo.
Bit think of all the new playees that grind for 1 year and hold 100-500M just sitting in xanax, points, faction vault not making any money just so they can " buy their first PI"
If you have 2-3B in bank and the best 4-5 stock BBs it is clearly a good investment.
Not before imo.
;)
Well, this networth didn't come itself, it has been building up overtime. Always making best investment somewhere where money can make bit more money. Little bit everywhere adds up.
Mentions: Minimum rental prizes to break even
I agree with this fully but for anything that is not PI, least them for 2 weeks max.