Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Karma Question

Started by Leafeh [467479] on in Questions & Answers.

22 replies · 319 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 23 / 23 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
23
Discussion span
→
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Chit [1380260] ×1

Leafeh [467479]
Anyone know if there's a lower limit on the amount of text required in a post for it to be able to gain Karma?

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16164102&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=20388628

This post in particular has made me question it. Not a single positive rating on it has actually changed my Karma value. Only thing I can think of is that the post is too short to qualify for some reason?

Figured I'd see if any expert karma whores are aware of why this might have happened, or if it's something I should take to Bugs & Issues to get an answer.

Edit with original answer: There was an arbitrary character limit a post must exceed before gaining karma. However, posting an image in a post overrides this limit.

Edit with with new question after suspected change: What are the conditions now? Because a post falling below the character limit, but that has an image, is now no longer gaining karma. Does an image no longer override the character limit?

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16164102&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=20388628

It's the same post that originally had the issue that I had fixed with a hidden image to gain karma. This post is now no longer crediting karma on rates.

Edit with new info and clarification: Nothing has actually changed at all in regard to character limits and images overriding this, old posts simply don't gain karma. At least one month old posts no longer gain karma judging from the post in question.

Edit with hopefully final bit of info: This age limit on posts gaining karma does not apply to the thread topic/opening post of a thread, it only applies to the replies. Strange. Tested this in Fedded - the list by CLRF, by rating both the thread itself and their reserved post right after, only the rating on the thread counted.

Mentions: A Vault thief, be aware! · Fedded Archives

Leafeh [467479]
As I feared, an arbitrary limit huh.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll pad my witty posts with invisible characters in future if I feel like farming Karma.
Leafeh [467479]
Good point, I'd assume that people are actually gaining no Karma for these, but I've never noticed it myself.

Unless including any image overrides the text limit for some reason?
Leafeh [467479]
It does indeed appear that an image overrides the character limit issue. Strange.

Thanks to DedeSilver for helping test this.
Overseer [2143302]
Lol newb, posting an image doesn't override the character limit, everyone knows a picture is worth a thousand words so that's like five thousand character