Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

89 Betrayers (SCAM PART RESOLVED)

Started by KeanuReeves [2141005] on in Faction Discussion.

126 replies · 4.28k views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 127 / 127 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
127
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
68 / 100
Engagement score
85 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Shady69 [10003] ×2 The_Boss [1497907] ×1 KeanuReeves [2141005] ×1

KeanuReeves [2141005]

This is how 89 betrayed me


On the 18/05/2020 I posted on the Faction Selling / Buying forum with the sale of a faction at the time known as the Ultra Elites, 104k respect. I was approached by many interested buyers, the majority offering 1-1.1b for it, which would have been standard market price. But one offer stood out from the rest. That offer was made by one of 89's leaders, The_Boss. The offer was to buy the faction as a sub for 89 but it had some conditions that led to a lower price on my part.
I don't have the start of the convo but I have screenshots of the deal that was done in the end:
[image: imgur.com][image: imgur.com]
[image: imgur.com]
The deal was confirmed on the 20/05/2020, and the trade was done on the 21/05/2020:

[image: imgur.com]
Everything seemed to be going smoothly, I was given co-leadership almost immediately after the trade happened. We had received 9999x beer about 2 days later. On the 25/05/2020 we got to move in beside the rest of the 89 family. It took another 5 days and of me asking after the beers about it till we finally received the second supplement of items, this time it was 2500x sfaks.
Time passes and nothing is happening, there was a change of leaders from kethrolewis to Cowboi which I had questioned, and through all his time he didn't teach me anything. He was the leader until his brother took over, a brand new player, not a restart. At this point, I was starting to get quite annoyed.
Out of all the main leadership at 89, only Shady was speaking to me. Absolute radio silence from The_Boss. When I offered to help with the discord server, Valkyrie had shot me down making it apparent she doesn't trust me.
More and more time passes and nothing is being done. The_Boss is still not saying anything and we are still waiting on the faction art.
Eventually, after asking for it multiple times we finally got the art, at this point I had already done the tags myself. Shady approached me with the idea of selling the faction I was in and instead buying a bigger one. This prompted me to ask about how the deal was going to work and through talking about it, the distrust became apparent. This obvious distrust and the lack of communication/action led to me wanting to rebuy the faction for the same price I sold it and I also said I would refund any meds and beer that was sent. This was quickly batted down by The_Boss and Shady. Mind this was one of the extremely few times The_Boss had said anything to me.
One day I log on and I see my Co-leader status has been taken from me and not a single message has been sent to me regarding this. This lack of communication plus distrust immediately fires up sirens in my head and causes me to in a panic trying to find anything out. After spamming multiple people in hopes of a response, Shady finally says something to me:
[image: imgur.com]


[image: imgur.com]
[image: imgur.com]

[image: imgur.com]


I will admit that I was aggressive, but by them clearly disclosing their lack of trust and also the lack of communication being prevalent, it had sent me into a spiral of panic.
Shady had told me in the end that after this war, that I was only now being informed about, I would receive my co-leader role back. Days passed after the war and I had still not received back my Co status nor had I received any perms. I had asked to receive it back multiple times but to no results. All I see is a mail which is telling the members to move to a different one of the family factions. After asking about it I get little information about what is happening to me and this faction.
Today, 01/06/2020, I log on to find that the faction has a completely new owner. Not only had I not been warned in any shape or form, but I had still not received any perms or the Co status back. Upon messaging the new owner, I find out that he had bought the faction from 89. They had sold the faction without notifying me at all. He said that the faction would still remain as part of the 89 family but he himself owns it. Because of this, I spiralled once again.
He had said that he won't be giving me Co-leadership and that he had not been told about the deal, stating that I might get co-leader in the future. So after reading this I started to try contacting the main leaders once again. First leader to respond was Valkyrie. After showing her proof of the deal, she says she had no idea about such a deal occurring and had only known that The_Boss had bought a faction for 600m.

[image: imgur.com]


[image: imgur.com]
[image: imgur.com]
[image: imgur.com]
[image: imgur.com]
[image: imgur.com]
[image: imgur.com]
[image: imgur.com]

After this, Shady proceeds to message me, arguing that 89 had held up their side of the agreement and that it was in-fact I who had messed it up. As well as this he threw accusations at my without providing proof when I asked for it. Shortly after this I was kicked from the faction and I had left the discord as well, but not before ChubbyBuffNinja took it upon himself to mock and belittle me.


TLDR:
89 betrayed the trust I placed in them, breaking a deal they had brought to me, leaving me with a $0 loss after edit below
Edit 1: You were sent $300,000,000 from Shady69.
Edit 2: Scam part is resolved, the story will be deleted as per Shady69's request.

Mentions: Shady69 [10003]

Shady69 [10003]
Keanu, I gave you three leaders do deal with and you were an asshole to everyone, I offered you co, in 89th our other sub and asked you if we could merge. You forgot to add those messages!! You agreed and then after I had the deals in place you backed out.. bitching about everything, talking disrespectful to leadership, and members and then demanding your way be the only way

I told you on multiple occasions, that I’m willing to work with you and still you turned into a disrespectful ****!!

I even told xtreme about this and he was willing to give you a chance and give you coleader status. But once again. Keanu needed to be a dickhead!

Tldr. You agreed to merge. Everything was good. You turned into a dickhead and lost your co lead privilege

Oh yea. Don’t hide out all the other info trying to make yourself look like the victim.
KeanuReeves [2141005]
I never agreed to merge, I said it could be a good idea, and immediately brought up my concerns regarding my deal. You said I would be "co-leader" but I wouldn't actually be a co-leader, I would just have perms. I want the gold icon, not the perms. And yes I did bitch because you told me almost nothing until after it was done. And no he said I would have to wait which isn't what I dropped 400m in the price for. And I'm, still waiting for the screenshots of being a dick to the 3 leaders.
Shady69 [10003]
Sorry I said I would like two co leaders and you can figure that out with the lead. Two co leaders seem to be a normal now a days. Someone who can step in and do everything needed, and no Keanu. I’m not gonna go fish for information and search hours and hours to try and prove you were wrong. It’s not worth my time.
CCarroll [2362546]
Tbh, the way you was speaking I’d of done the same, no need to be aggressive. Seems like the trust issue is you not trusting them.

And also, reading through you did agree to a merge, so, y u Lyin 4?
XtremeElite [2300213]
I gave you several chances to stay and earn trust and move to CO. You responded by being a jerk over and over. You burned your own bridge. And what i offered i never i never should have after hearing the way you treated all the leadership in 89. but i did. you didnt mention all that though.
KeanuReeves [2141005]
Like I said to you, I didn't drop 400m off the price to get a possible CO in the future. I dropped it so I could start learning immediately, they agreed to it yet still chose to break the deal. I had shown you the deal as well, even providing proof of it when you asked, and you still chose to ignore it. Not to mention I treated them with respect at the start, but after being left on read multiple times, and seeing no intent to have their side fulfilled, I got angry. Why should I treat them with respect if they won't treat me with enough respect to at least warn me of changes or events happening?
Adrenalinas [1974447]
My simple opinion:

The boss did a bad thing offering you co-lead (sorry, but you definitely not fit being one if you starting to make drama during huge wars).
I agree with Valkyrie that leadership is earned, not bought.
Still, I think 89 should pay you extra 400m for faction and make you happy and quiet (still, I think you should not run any faction in future)

Anyway that just mine opinion
The_Boss [1497907]
Spin it off however you want but we tried to work with you and you refused to be mature in nearly every conversation. You're overly aggressive to all other members of the leadership team and when you don't get what you want you throw a pissy fit thinking we'll give you what you want. You lack all the components of being a good leader, and although we tried to give you leaders to learn from you shot down every offer. Learn to speak with someone respectfully and you might get somewhere in the future. Best of luck.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
Regardless of how shitty someone turns out to be - if you're bargaining down the price of a faction on the premise you're offering something else in return (leadership, items, knowledge) and then don't fulfill those terms -- that's a scam.
KeanuReeves [2141005]
Never knew I could learn from a brand new player who has never played before. Also maybe you should, you know communicate instead of disappearing.