Sorry im not the only one thinking this but why are we using this script? the hands being given out are ridiculous.. QQ KK AA should never pop up in the same round. We should not be getting this many straights, flushes and full houses. Its getting to the point where I see quads on the flop and im not amazed.
About this thread
Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 31
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 38 / 100
- Historical score
- 27 / 100
- Story score
- 46 / 100
- Engagement score
- 70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- takashi [2491991]
· 16 likes ·
everybody in this thread is dumb af.
Preach.
Not a very normal flop of cards..
Not a very normal flop of cards..
Just saw 4 AA's in 5 minutes and can confirm Ford97's observation.
When I joined a table, I saw Ah 3h on the position of my hand for a few milliseconds before it disappeared. Hands are being dealt to seats that aren't seated I am guessing.
When I joined a table, I saw Ah 3h on the position of my hand for a few milliseconds before it disappeared. Hands are being dealt to seats that aren't seated I am guessing.
Edit: welcome to torn poker. It’s not rigged. Everyone just sucks. And it sucks to suck. So keep sucking and you might just suck, too.
everybody in this thread is dumb af.
Really why? All I’ve said was it needs a new script? Not saying torn is rigging certain players just that it could use a new script
Yeah, it’s definitely not a biased rigging.. just that the hands are vastly abnormal in comparison to real life.
Thanks for your thoughtful and well-written criticism, though, takash1; your contributions have surely made me rethink everything I stated previously.
Thanks for your thoughtful and well-written criticism, though, takash1; your contributions have surely made me rethink everything I stated previously.
I agree with this... additionally, the amount of times I get the same hole cards in a session is amazing...
As you say, Amos, it's not that it is rigged in a way that pre-determines a certain player winning, but more that the cards which come out are done in a way to sensationalise the game and probably to make it appeal to non-purist poker players.
Should this be moved to the suggestions forum? I know myself and many others who make good money off of poker would not mind something like this being discussed and pushed!
It could be yes just not sure if we could get the 100 R+ to get ched to look into it
It's just a shuffle algorithm. If it was weak, a player would have exploited it.
Nobody here is arguing that players are exploiting it I’m just saying it’s a trash script
There's about 8x10^67 ways to shuffle a deck, that's 8 followed by 67 zeroes, you will get lots of repetitive results no matter how well you shuffle it.
This is the dumbest thread ever. The most basic of RNGs can shuffle a set of cards. It is not advanced programming.
Torn poker doesnt reward good poker players it rewards limping into every hand and being competitive when you enter a pot with 72o or T5.
I played 200-300 hours of Torn Poker. I routinely pay attention to pot odds and frequency of premium hands. I'm not a genius, but I'm good with numbers and not emotional about poker.
I disagree with complaints about bad beats. I think people get upset when they lose and/or don't really understand the odds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poker_probability#Frequency_of_7-card_poker_hands
For example, a full house happens every 35.7 hands per player. So if you have 6 players, and everyone sees the river, you'd have someone with a full house 1 out of 6 hands. In practice, we don't see that many because many people fold before they see all the cards.
A straight is 1 in 20.6 hands per player
A flush is 1 in 32.1 (per player)
Cards happen, and clusters happen in normal random events.
Pocket aces are 1/221 hands. But at a full newbie table with 9 players, that's once per 24.5 hands, but if you figure in AA, and KK, and AK, people will be getting them frequently.
Premium hands happen all the time.
I've never seen any surprising flushes, straights, quads, AA, KK, Full Houses.
It all seems to be very close to what should be expected.
I disagree with complaints about bad beats. I think people get upset when they lose and/or don't really understand the odds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poker_probability#Frequency_of_7-card_poker_hands
For example, a full house happens every 35.7 hands per player. So if you have 6 players, and everyone sees the river, you'd have someone with a full house 1 out of 6 hands. In practice, we don't see that many because many people fold before they see all the cards.
A straight is 1 in 20.6 hands per player
A flush is 1 in 32.1 (per player)
Cards happen, and clusters happen in normal random events.
Pocket aces are 1/221 hands. But at a full newbie table with 9 players, that's once per 24.5 hands, but if you figure in AA, and KK, and AK, people will be getting them frequently.
Premium hands happen all the time.
I've never seen any surprising flushes, straights, quads, AA, KK, Full Houses.
It all seems to be very close to what should be expected.
You need to spend more hours in torn poker. The overall averages will balance out, that's not the issue, the issue is the deck is either poorly shuffled or is shuffled from a predefined algorithm that gives predictable results.
You might be right, and I don't want to get in a pissing contest, but I've won more net profit at poker than your total net worth.
I saw your screenshot of winning with quads over a bluff, and wondered "why is this news". Quads happen. They happen 1:594 hands. So once every hundred hands with 6 at a table. It just isn't a big deal. I see that you called all in before you had the cards. Both of you were wrong to go all in with junk. But of course, someone was going to win.
If you "have cracked the algorithm" then I think your net worth should be greater than $42million. I don't think the results are "predictable".
I believe people see clusters of great hands and think "it can't be". If you watch real world poker highlights, you see great hands facing off all the time. Poker is about not only waiting to have good cards, but waiting until both people have good enough cards to bet big and that is when the big action takes place.
People misunderstand odds. They think that if the odds of something are 1 in 600, that they'll get those cards every 600 hands. Nope. They will naturally cluster. You'll see them "too often" sometimes and "not often enough" other times. (Ched hates me)
Go win a few billion at poker, then come back and tell me I'm wrong.
I saw your screenshot of winning with quads over a bluff, and wondered "why is this news". Quads happen. They happen 1:594 hands. So once every hundred hands with 6 at a table. It just isn't a big deal. I see that you called all in before you had the cards. Both of you were wrong to go all in with junk. But of course, someone was going to win.
If you "have cracked the algorithm" then I think your net worth should be greater than $42million. I don't think the results are "predictable".
I believe people see clusters of great hands and think "it can't be". If you watch real world poker highlights, you see great hands facing off all the time. Poker is about not only waiting to have good cards, but waiting until both people have good enough cards to bet big and that is when the big action takes place.
People misunderstand odds. They think that if the odds of something are 1 in 600, that they'll get those cards every 600 hands. Nope. They will naturally cluster. You'll see them "too often" sometimes and "not often enough" other times. (Ched hates me)
Go win a few billion at poker, then come back and tell me I'm wrong.