Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Obliviousness Stories!

Started by Tachikaze [2363334] on in Fun & Games.

5 replies · 41 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
18 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Tachikaze [2363334]
We all know how relationships are formed: Someone makes a hint, the other takes a hint, relationship! (With a few extra details here and there). But what about those times when the other person doesn't take the hint? Unfortunately that'd be a case of obliviousness, which just so happens to be the topic for this thread!

Was there a time when you were oblivious to someone's hints? Was there a time when someone else was oblivious to your hints? Tell your story here! Also, maybe we can cheer each other up lol
Tachikaze [2363334]
Well I guess I'll go first:

So this would be a story from my sophomore year of high school (so that would be my 10th year). I was sitting on the bleachers with a couple friends of mine: A girl (I'll call her C) and a guy (Name shall be J). We were doing a fitness test for PE, and the three of us had already gone in the previous round, so we were done for the remaining hour of class (we went in the first 30 minutes of class). We were speaking about relationships as High Schoolers tend to gossip, and relationships is a favorite. I have never been in a relationship before, so I was just there to make conversation. J was currently in a relationship, so he was the major point of discussion, but the conversation then shifted to C. C had gotten out of a relationship 3 or so months before this conversation. J and I asked if she was going to date anyone again (her last relationship was a bit rough at the end) soon, and she replied with "I'm actually trying to get into a relationship with a tall indian kid in our class right now ^.^ :3". You see, I just happen to be a tall indian kid, and I also just happened to be the only indian kid in our gym class. Certainly I must've gotten her hint, right?

Nope, I said "Oh, well tell me how it goes!"

C got up and walked away. I got a punch to the back of the head from J.
szka [2542472]
I have a habit of flirting very bluntly with people who I like without outright saying that I like them. I also mainly have crushes on friends, who know me as the jokester (bet you can see where this is going). So basically all my hints get missed, even when I basically straight up ask them out on a date.
Anger [2562340]
My dumbass liked this girl (K) for months. Went to the big city together and was flirting alot. She Went in for the kiss n I thought she was having a stroke.. I then continued to spend the day with her and at the end of it, I panicked when I realized she went to kiss me and couldn't bring myself to talk to her. She then went on to get into an actual relationship and I had to sit there and watch..