Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Have you ever...

Started by Lord-Farquaad [2420552] on in General Discussion.

38 replies · 666 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 39 / 39 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
39
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Lord-Farquaad [2420552]
I was looking through some of these Mr/ Mrs Torn submissions and did a double take on one or two of them. I was CERTAIN they were somebody I'd known IRL, but it got me wondering, there has to be somebody this has happened to.

So, barring people you know IRL because of Torn/ friends that got you into Torn, have you ever seen someone in this competition that you know IRL? I'm not even going to poll it as the overwhelming majority will be 'No', like 90% of the 'yes' answers probably lies and 'Nova is a buffoon' just too easy.

If this has happened to you, tell us about it below. Did you reach out? Make a reconnection? New lifelong Torn friend? If one of our local data freaks wanna give it a try, maybe calculate the odds of this happening, as I'm sure there's some variable that make it harder than ~1/ 7 billion
Paul [1176287]
No but someone saw me play torn in the airport who also played. That was kinda cool. Few years back. Can't remember for the life of me who it was.

If you see this and that was you, hope that 100m is treating you well lmao
Lewis [1312721]
Imagine unknowingly meeting someone you’ve been feuding with in torn IRL, but only one of you knew who the other was, through coincidence of seeing their screen or phone or something.

That would be creepy AF lol. I imagine that’s why IRL torn events aren’t a thing since some people can’t keep things online.

I’ve personally never met anyone IRL who plays Torn, was it weird?
Velocity [2261817]
Someone at work seen me play and mentioned another colleagues name who played.
I asked them, they told me their name.

Fake female account.

Made me giggle
Kelsie [340367]
I was chatting with a buddy’s Gf at my brother’s wedding last year. I was talking about torn (I was wasted lol) and apparently she used to play back in the day. Wild xD

I’m always waiting to see if I find someone else playing torn in public <.<


I’ve also been told I look familiar, by a few people. But not many from Minnesota I’m sure :P

**I’ve not seen any familiar faces yet in the comp... but I’m still waiting to see! Anything is possible :P
MadameButterfly [2514180]
But if I entered into the male category you would all complain that I was cheating because I'd look prettier than you, it's a doubled sword for me
Nova [1570883]
Maybe you should try and get out the bottom 10 of the female category before making such claims. I would rank higher in the female category with the Snapchat filter.
Chit [1380260]
I guess it's true that a leopard never changes it's spots.




On topic, no I haven't. But I worry someday that someone will recognize me and just go "Chit?"