Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

API to Fetch Logs

Started by elzaer [2520897] on in API Development.

3 replies · 128 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100
elzaer [2520897]
I've been trying to collate crime activity and some other log data together so I can track better stats than is provided in the core game.

The best source of this data for me is the log listing (that list you get when you click the clipboard next to your profile image).

It is a real hassle to data mine through this due to all the HTML tagging and regex stuff needed to clean it up. I was hoping the API would have something that would provide that full player log list to grab, but looks like its only got basic events and notifications.

Anyone know of an easier way to get that fully detailed log without screen scraping? I'd only want to pull it once a day or so for my own kinky data anaylsis.
kYo [2106640]
i did mine by energy counting, if you know what crime you gonna do, you can count how much energy were spent.

24 * 12 = 288 nerve a day

assuming 24 beers a day, so 312 nerve a day
that's around 28.36 possible arsons, assuming your nerve never hits the cap.

Now is the tricky part, how much arson were successful?
go to your profile under crimes, check under fraud. assuming you check everyday at 0 tct, then you'll be able to do a comparison how many arson were successfful.
Fr00t [2518990]
I'm pretty sure you cant get this data as of now. Ched said that they intend to make the log accessible through the API, and possibly with a tiered access or some way you need to enable which parts of the log should be accessible through API.

Its not here yet though, and my guess is that its pretty far down the line.
elzaer [2520897]
Damn! Thanks for the info and prompt response though!

Hopefully they add something in down the line as it opens up a huge amount of data that could be really interesting =) I guess there could be security risk in handing over the information to whoever has your API key-set, makes sense to have some toggle controls for what is accessible.

I've got a few tools that is enabling me to grab it from the screen for now, it just takes a bit of smoothing over before I can analyse it so just hoped there was an easier way.

Thanks again