What do you do to meal prep?
Looking for ideas and inspiration just genuinely curious!
Whether it be healthy, unhealthy, cheap, expensive or anything in between I’d like to hear about it!
Once I had my daughter I found out a whole bunch of cool ways to prep.
Portion out meat servings for single meals in individual bags.
You can cook your meat ahead of time and freeze. (I only personally do this with my ground beef, I'll cook up the huge ground beef from Costco, season, cool and freeze and then you only need to thaw and reheat.
Slow cooker meals are amazing and there are a ton of them that you can prep ahead of time, thaw the night before and throw in before work!
After gym i make easy. Take foil put in chiken with spices coverit good bex foil ad with vegetables and set 20min on 200°C ain boil rice. So basically its tasty (depends on chief) tooks only 20min and in that 20 you need to do something like 3min and can go relaxing
I open the box of hot pockets. I remove the plastic wrapper from the hot pocket (this step is very important!)
After all that, I insert the hot pocket into the specially designed cooking sleeve. That is it. Pretty easy quick prep time.
Your hot pocket is ready to be placed into the microwave for 2 and a half to 3 minutes.
If you have freezer space you can pre make lasagna, casseroles to just pop in the oven. Right now with it being so hot, I cook a bunch of chicken on the grill and portion it out in single servings for a family of 3 (2 adults one child). I then just pull it out of the freezer and heat it up again. Then I make the sides whether it be mac and cheese, rice, corn, beans, etc.
Also I agree with cooking a ton of meat ahead of time and freezing in 1lb - 2lb groups. For tacos it makes it so much easier. Just pull out 1lb of pre cooked meat, put in a pan, add water and spices, and boom done. Saves a lot of time. I have a 2 year old at home so anything time saver is a plus.