Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Private Poker Table

Started by MIC [2517914] on in Poker.

21 replies · 316 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

MIC [2517914]
Is there the possibility om making a few private/password protected poker tables. It would be nice to have a game with a few folks that you want to without others jumping in.

Thanks
Sirbaldy [2562024]
Great idea as we are trying to organise a faction poker tournament and this suggestion would make it so much easier!
Many thanks
ItsTheD [2247301]
How to easily move money around between multis:

Step 1) Private poker tables.
Step 2) launder money.
Step 3) ???
Step 4) profit.
MIC [2517914]
I'm still pretty new here, I don't understand. If I want to send money to someone, I can just send it. What difference does a private poker room make. I'm not trying to be an ass, I really just need to understand it better, Thanks
ItsTheD [2247301]
In torn, you can't make multiple accounts. People do however, still make multiple accounts. If an older player with a considerable amount of income wanted to parse that out to a multi account, a private poker table is a place to do so without actually sending or trading any money. This also provides less of a trail to investigate.
MIC [2517914]
Thank you for clarifying.

I was just wanting something more like the RR game, where a group of Faction mates could have a poker game.

Have a good day.
Zymurgist [2385147]
So I found this thread after I started one in suggestions. Maybe I should've looked here first. I presented the same basic idea over there after realizing I have a number of faction mates that enjoy poker, some of them being in much different financial standing. Let's try and get both of these threads 100 thumbs up so the devs will consider. Thanks!

https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=4&t=16180247&b=0&a=0

Mentions: Private Poker Games

Mob [2251781]
While a good idea in itself, it does pose an issue by creating a way to potentially move funds between multis.

In comparison to RR (which also has the ability to set up private games with passwords, RR would be easier to see overall (since it's 1v1 and any illegal activity would be easy-ish to spot). Now imagine a 6 man poker table with a password, you throw in the cheater (main), one to two of his multis (illegal funds), and add in three members from his faction (legal funds). You would create a money laundering machine by effectively mixing in both legal and illegal funds from the get go.

While I would love the idea, knowing how many cheaters there are out there I don't see it being feasible.

Narco
ita [2523178]
Almost anything in this game can be used to launder money lol, we gonna kill companies now? since you can transfer money to multis from there . Fake mugs, fake giveaways/lottos, faction banking, item market, RR, anything that is money related can potentially be used to launder money, doenst mean these features shouldnt exist.
Mob [2251781]
Fair point, and yeah I'd appreciate this feature being implemented. Hopefully staff takes us seriously enough to listen.