Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Forum Thread Bug

Started by -HoldMyBeer- [2562003] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 102 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
43 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I am thinking this may be due to the length of thread titles in those respective sections causing layout problems. This issue only seems to occur when you have screen zoom and font size set to average or higher. The sections looked perfectly fine for me on my default small settings.

However I could replicate the issues when I changed my zoom/font size settings. The issue seems to occur on both Android app as well as mobile Chrome. On my Samsung Galaxy S9, I could replicate the issue with following settings:

[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]

The layout issue always starts from the thread titles that are long and looks like this:

[image: cdn.discordapp.com]

[image: cdn.discordapp.com]

Passing up the report to Viktor. Thanks..!!
-HoldMyBeer- [2562003]
That would make sense. I will try it now and edit this post with my findings.

Edit: Update #1 (10:57 - 08/07/20) reducing the text size seems to fix the issue for me. I’m still confused as to why this has only started to happen now, as this is the first time I’ve encountered this issue


Update #2 (13:41 - 08/08/20) Reducing the text size was a temporary fix. Text is still reduced but problem persists with Friends & Popular Threads sporadically.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I believe it just depends on the length of the thread titles. The issue is occurring for whichever section has a long threat title. I have started seeing the issue even with smallest zoom level and font size now.
CreatorX [2234054]
Yes, this is definitely the issue. PC cuts off the long thread titles with ellipses, but that's not the case with mobile