Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Traveling "Return" Button

Started by XiXNINEXiX [2572471] on in Suggestions.

6 replies · 61 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
XiXNINEXiX [2572471]
My idea is to add a button to return when traveling. For example:

You fly to for example UAE which is approximately 3 hours 14 minutes (airstrip) you flew approx. 20 minutes and you have 2 hours 54 minutes left. Then you click "Return" and it takes you home back in time you have flown in this example 20 minutes. It will help people who forgotten something or someone who changed his mind.

It can be added for an airstrip, private travels, and business class (b-cl - in the vote section).
Mephiles [2087524]
It would certainly change something. Not sure if it would be a good change or a bad one. I'll +1 right now but will see if anyone can think of any negatives it would have.
Mlkey [1915577]
I just see people abusing return to prevent rental hits , and for mug protection while selling items in bazaar or points
And what about flight delays ? Would people who flights get delayed not be allowed the return option ?
Otherwise people will be 30 minutes into flight , see it delayed and just hit return . Which means flight delays impact
will be nerfed .
SwordStrife [2319365]
I think that if you want realistic then you should have it in, because if I have a private plane then I could turn it around if I wanted. But for this game I agree that I think it would be abused. Like I’m flying and not letting anyone get the bounties on me or safer buy mugging for bazaars. But you are very limited on what you can do on the plane. So, that might be taken into account. When it comes tomflught delays, I think that time should be added to either side. So if you are flying for 30 min get a 2hr delay and turn around instead. It will take 2 hrs and 30 min for the return flight. The way I have always looked at delays are that you are stuck in customs and the airport. Not just on the plane itself. So it wouldn’t matter where you landed, you would still be delayed by the authorities when you land at your destination.
Mephiles [2087524]
I agree the flight delay shouldn't be an issue and won't lose its purpose.

Avoiding bounties, safer buy mugging, etc. can be avoided maybe by adding a certain delay for returning. For example, when you have flown for 5 minutes and want to return then it will take you 15/20 minutes to return. The delay should go away after you have flown 30min for example? This would avoid people going flying for 5min and then 5min back and just get away with it.

I also think that when you get some money, get on a plane for 5min, come back another 5min and land then it's easier to get mugged than putting the money in the vault right away. The person who wants to mug you will still be watching you and as soon as u land, u get mugged. U will have no time to open up vault because the sidebar is not there, you don't know where to pre-click or anything.
hammi [2235955]
It would definitely be abuse by traders who would fly to SA then just before they land choose the return option and then effectively gain 7hrs of mug protect for zero cost.