Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Reset Networth

Started by Master-Mark [1984442] on in Suggestions.

9 replies · 149 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
Master-Mark [1984442]
I've completed many awards and gotten many achievements but I cannot pay back duke. I owe him about 4bill of late fees and that's not including the 4 bill I already owe him making it 8 bill. There's no way I can get that money especially being hospitalised every day hopefully there's a way of implementing this so I don't need to close my account and start afresh. I'd love if there was a way of ridding my networth and starting a new. There's resets for everything else, why can't there be a reset to networth for those players that made bad choices earlier on the game.
IDLEGLANCE [2049768]
You can always self fed and restart. Resetting a networth is hugely complicated.

Imagine, I use all my money on stat enhancers, ask for a networth reset.

Get the money back and keep the gains to my stats.

You're not going to get a money reset, you either need to donate irl or make a fresh account.
Master-Mark [1984442]
I realise this but I ask staff to look at this in more detail and hopefully there's a work around in time, or a way to reset it in other means. Like for example meeting certain criteria or asking for staff to review all your account actions for stuff like stat enhancers in the past 6 months. Even if it becomes a paid option alternative but having a reset to stats or having some kind of damage to your stats is also included in the process of resetting your networth, this would annihilate that problem of stat gains and deter people away from it until absolutely necessary such as the issue I'm having.
(make it that you can only do it once only or once a year too so to prevent people from cheating as mentioned above)
ElbasG [2429206]
By your logic we should start resetting perm fedded acc, coz they just made a bad choice in the past, surely they are good kids.
Master-Mark [1984442]
Most people if not all people who are fedded have broken the rules of torn in some way, shape or form. It very clearly states throughout the rules the cosequences and the results of those consequences if the rules are broken. There are rules for everything otherwise there isn't order and nothing really works long term without some sort of rules. That's another reason this game has popularity and is able to run for many years with success in my opinion. However breaking the rules receives you a warning depending on the seriousness of course, meaning if you do it again, you have already had that previous warning and should be jailed. There's a major difference in those who make bad choices but break the rules while doing so and those who make bad choices and want to play honestly. Furthermore what I'm asking for has nothing to do with resetting fedded accounts, it's simply adding another option to the game to make it more enjoyable.
KingShmexy [2071072]
Coming off what Yasha said,

donate IRL money if you want to get out of debt easily.

You have already donated $1k+ ish to get the blue name, only another $1300 to donate to get enough dps to pay it off
Master-Mark [1984442]
So what you're saying is unless you're bill gates then I should reset my account. If you or staff want to deter people away from playing torn then yeah overlook this entire post but my interest fees doesn't stop, so what I owe at this moment will just increase with a 10th of a bill each week I don't pay it off. With that being said I'll never have enough to pay it all off making me stuck in a never ending cycle until the end of my account essentially. Which for something that could easily be implemented is really poorly handled. This is a suggestions post, I'm making a suggestion. You have given me walls and I have given you ladders to overcome those walls now I feel like you have the tools but it's easier for you to sit back and not use them. Fair enough but with what you said, I am well aware of donating RL money as this was my primarily way of getting money in the first place but I nor many other people can donate that much at a single time, many banks wouldn't allow such a large sum of rl money to go through for a start but moreover to my point, this was only a suggestion that I asked to be looked at by staff.
keego73 [1921540]
I think this suggestion puts people off (including myself) because it basically is saying "give me a way to get the benefits of my work, without the consequences of my mistakes".
You have already explicitly admitted this is a purely self-serving request. Such a self-serving request is also going to put people off.
I think the players and staff would be much more receptive to your idea if you find a way to present the benefits it will have to the game, at large.
How does this help the vast majority of players that did not dig themselves into massive debt?
How does this help Ched, who relies on people donating IRL money to deal with overcoming low net worth?
How does this impact the overall economy, which needs to have inflation control mechanisms (such as Duke's high interest rate)?
The game is complex. You propose a very bold suggestion that could have serious implications. So you need to provide a very strong argument.
(Everything you've said so far readily invites the suggestions already given: self-fed and reset. Convince us otherwise.)