Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stock Market Queue?

Started by Smoke [2249116] on in Questions & Answers.

14 replies · 272 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

Smoke [2249116]
I was 402nd in the queue..i checked back an hour or so later and i was 403rd?? Anyone have an explanation to this?
DaDood [2204689]
Queue position is a function of both block size and time in the queue. Eventually, the larger block will reach the top position.
Mary [2161411]
The queue needs to be fixed. The first blocks listed are the first blocks sold.

Ex: At a store, you don't let the people with 20 items pass the people with 30 items.
Smoke [2249116]
This exactly! Loosing money as we speak so somebody with less stocks can be less affected by the drop in price. Makes no sense.
oraN [1778676]
its not in particular a bad system, it does help the small guys while making big guys question their purchases xD
Riot [974353]
Some bigger traders will invest over 100b in a single stock, if they were the first to list I’m sure people would be complaining that they’re stuck behind all the big boys. Honestly it’s not a perfect system but I can see why smaller blocks get priority. Other factors also affect it such as how long you’ve had yours listed etc.
Mary [2161411]
The people with the bigger blocks will be more affected by the changes in price, so if any order besides first listed first sold is to be done, the smaller blocks should get moved to the end because they get a lower effect from the changes
-BC-M16 [1002535]
That’s logical and how it works in real life. The reason behind the way the queue system works in torn is so poorer players have a better chance then richer ones.
2480971 [2480971]
The system does have its merits but I understand your frustration.

I’d suggest splitting the shares into smaller blocks and listing one only after the other has sold (as I think I read that multiple listing of the same share will count as a single block in the queue)?
Alexis [29052]
In the world of stocks, the only thing you should be talking about when referring to performance is the % change. Dollar changes never have made sense to judge performance, and they never will.