Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stealth Meter

Started by Andyman [471591] on in General Discussion.

120 replies · 4.85k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 121 / 121 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
121
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
53 / 100
Story score
71 / 100
Engagement score
86 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Andyman [471591]
"What are my chances of getting a stealth attack?" is a question I get hit with fairly frequently. When I respond with "there a little stealth meter on your attack screen..." it's often met with shock and awe.

I'm curious as to how many players don't know about this stealth meter. (It's quite subtle, and a pain to view on mobile devices)

Stealth Meter

[image: i.imgur.com]

Here's the announcement from 4 years ago outlining the variables involved in stealthing.

- Andyman

Mentions: Attack stealth changes

Andyman [471591]
It's been there for a little over 2 years I believe.

Edit: 19th of December, 2017; see CloudJumper's post above. ^
oraN [1778676]
Right Right, draxar showed that to me and i was shook, wonder how he found out.

tbh i never ever looked at that area before it was shown to me. not that i care about stealth but its always good to know :D
Janick [2199727]
You never ceased to amaze me with all your post Andy.

I can't wait for the moment you'll post a thread on how crimes 2.0 has been here the whole time. lol
BadZena [1968552]
I have to say, this sparked me into having a bit of a try myself. Hit a newb with just a knife, and the bar did not move at all, and I stealthed.

Hit someone with similar stats to mine (a full fair fight bonus), shot one from my Armalite, and the bar jumped right the way down (couldn't use flash as he wears a welding helmet). It was about 1 3rd full, I didn't stealth on that attack.

So with what Cloudjumper has shown, I am leaning towards that is a 'thing' that I've never noticed before!
biosterous [2377874] Wiki Contributor
voted "other" - i'd read about it on the wiki, but couldn't actually find it. it's not exactly very clear or intuitive (which means it is very much a torn game mechanic)
Hare [2171558]
Haha I honestly thought more people knew about this XD might have to bring it up to my members to see if they know about it or not.
Hare [2171558]
If you look at the bottom of the meter it has the same icon as the stealth icon... It made sense to me but I can see how it gets over looked.