[image: i.imgur.com]I just changed my name from Hyrin to my current name and It wiped out all of my chats and put their names as my name?? I tried refreshing and it is still there so I am not sure what is going on. Please help.
Rename Bug
Started by Alexis-Anne [2340016] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 4
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 40 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Cheb [876657] Reporter
· 2 likes ·
Can i also add that i if someone changes their name their chat stays with their old name and when you try and chat with them with their new name it opens a blank chat box. After a day or …
Can you please try clearing your cache from within the browser settings and see if it resolves the issue?
I am on a different device now and it is still here...
That is because it is picking up data from old cache on your devices. You need to clear your browser cache once and the chats should fit right back.
Just cleared it... And still the same thing is here.
I will pass this up to Dima, see if he has any ideas. Thanks..!!
Can i also add that i if someone changes their name their chat stays with their old name and when you try and chat with them with their new name it opens a blank chat box. After a day or so the noxes merge into one with the correct name. Thought this could possibly be related?
Close all your chat tabs. Click log out and log out from all other devices (There will be an option to log out from other devices on that page).
Clear your cache.
@Cheb, although this isn’t a permanent fix, you can close the chat tabs and the next time that player chats you it will be their new name (and visa versa).
Clear your cache.
@Cheb, although this isn’t a permanent fix, you can close the chat tabs and the next time that player chats you it will be their new name (and visa versa).
I just found a confirmed report on the same topic over here. I will have to close this one as a duplicate I am afraid, the Dima is aware of the issue. You can add to the confirmed thread. Thanks..!!
Mentions: Chat Window / Name Change Bug