Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Value compared to Sell

Started by Sauce_N_Syrup [2570035] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 487 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
16
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
Sauce_N_Syrup [2570035]
Why is the value so much higher then the selling?
i see a lot people say to get items and sell them to people but why would people buy them rather then acquire them themselves?

like why is a large box of chocolates have a value of $5,009 and a sell value of $25?
BarefootBilly [2224161]
Since you are limited to buying 100 items per day from the shops, there is a shortage of some items in supply/demand. Large box of Chocolates cannot be purchased from the shops - it is a reward from a theft crime. Most people will not do this crime because they would rather improve their NNB. But there is supply/demand value for Large Box of Chocolates because they are useful in Choco-jumps (small happy jumps).
Matty_h [48911]
The sell value is what you would get for selling the item back to torn.

The actual value something sells for is decided by supply and demand.
hemi [2165616]
Yeah, sell literally means what Torn would buy it back from you for. They base it off of abroad prices and torn shop prices...a little lower than what they'd sell to you for which is still really cheap.

Market value of an item is the average of what players sell/buy that item for in their own shops and markets.
DarkenedAngel [2532811]
What I don't get is people selling items for under the sell value on the Item Market. This happens a lot with weapons and I have started collecting weapons I have bought for under their sell value. Most if not all the weapons in my display have been bought for less then the person could have sold it in the item menu. Maybe 1 or 2 of the $500 sell guns I bought when it was under half the "Value" so I could add it to my collection. I cycle them out to get better quality ones or like 1% or lower as well lol.
SeaLion [250755]
Sometimes missions have you buy a weapon, defeat someone, and sell it on the item market.

You been buying dirty guns on the street.
DarkenedAngel [2532811]
I just bought 50 chainsaws from one person for about 11k... they sell for 11.5k. So no, not all of them are dirty weapons. Probably most of the $1-$500 guns yea.. but people listing many under lead me to believe that people just don't know *shrug*
DarkenedAngel [2532811]
I mean I kinda like the tiny bump to my NW and it just like ended up being a side project of mine now to break up the constant flying lol

I learned about ghost trading early on and started at the same time as an IRL friend plus the stocks trick so didn't have to worry about this too much X~D
Clippy [2247889]
Seriously. A new player was just offering them for 5.5k to me and I thought it was a joke until I checked the market and realized that was a deal.
We must be doing too good a job of getting new players to do safe crimes.
Unlock [2065830]
ppl don't know, many times i see at the points market new players selling points at a price lower then the pawn shop price.