Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

How I do things

Started by DedeSiregar [2430598] on in Tutorials & Guides.

7 replies · 1.29k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
34
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Problem: as new players, we are encouraged to spend our energy at the gym unless for faction chain. Keep in mind respect gain is EVERYTHING during chain. It makes getting few merits harder. One of the merit that is hard to win is pin puller. Attacking fake wall can be solution. But in my faction, we don't get much of low level friendly wall sluts. So most time I chain based on my list.

Solutions:
1. We need low health points targets. Hospital is the best place to stalk. Because targets just get out of hospitals with little health.
2. Best targets are people with same or higher level than us. But to make sure we win, check their xanax consumption, days of donator status, booster counts, energy cans, attacking counts, days of playing, and candies.
2. Once we are sure we can break them, it is time to hit. Use best gear we have. But change our melee to something that has low damage like pillow, rusty sword, or hammer.
4. Use grenade, trout, or heg to be our temporary.
5. First use fist just to test how much damage we can make and compare to how much damage they can make on us. If they are way weaker than us, use our melee to chop their health little by little before we use temporary to finish our attack. If they are only slightly weaker than us, a bit stronger than us, or same power than us, use our primary weapons to do some damage. But leave a tiny portion of their health points so we can finish the attack with temporary.

I wrote this because it took me some plannings before I made my attacks during chaining. And picking the perfect target was a bit tricky.

Result:
[image: i.ibb.co]

[image: i.ibb.co]
DedeSiregar [2430598]
This is how to use bounty to get hospitalize.

I am very against opening our bazaar without self hosp. We can never be fast enough or strong enough NOT to get buymugged. Unless we work in clothing company, one buy mug can wipe out the entire week profit and we don't want that.

However I also understand medical cooldown is a big problem. Whether we are slutting, flipping all day, under bounty wave, or being chained, we will start running out of medical cooldown. I always try to have my medical cooldown as minimum as possible before weekend because during weekend, sales usually is higher. Faction chain schedules, new players happy jump plan, etc will trigger more needs. So a day before weekend I start mixing bounties and bloodbag to selfhosp. And this is how I do it.

1. First set everything. Including pricing, put items in bazaar, and checking revive option.
2. Buy bounty slot. We can not bounty ourself, but we can pay others to put a bounty on us.
3. Don't be cheap. The higher our level is, the higher our battlestats are, the less people can hospitalize us. If we put too low, it will be too long before someone will claim it. If we put too high, we lose money. I usually pay 250k for the bounty and 250k to pay the service. We can of course ask our friend for free to do it.
4. The second the bounty is being placed, we must open the bazaar option menu and stand by. Usually takes 5-15 minutes for me.
5. Keep watching our health meter. The second it drops, fast click open. As you can see in real time video there is 0.5 second window between having health point at 1 and the bounty claimer click hospitalize. So there is not much time to waste. Hence keep ourself at the ready once the bounty is being placed.
6. Do not long click open. It will not open our bazaar. So stay chill but be fast.

YouTube video WTaXIp_bMgw

DedeSiregar [2430598]
There is direct money and there is indirect money from job.
Direct are like things like working in AN, sweetshop, toyshop, flowers shop, cruise, etc. I don't bother to write because they have been written and rewritten in so many guides. You also can easily read up in wikipedia regarding companies in Torn.

These are ways in making profit by working in certain company. Ways you may not aware of.

Clothing company: best job for people who flip item market. You can make 2-10% of your capital a day depends on your activities. Yeah you can protect yourself from buy muggers with self hosp, but you need the job to protect yourself from sell muggers and enable you to work fast. Also for buy muggers who need to sell their loots and gamblers too. Protect your money.

Night club : just stack your addiction points to the max and sell vae victis and invictus service. The higher the battlestat, the higher your pay will be.

Farm/candleshop/restaurant : if you plan to be hired as mercenarry.

Zoo : if you combine it with full merit on awarenes + awareness edu + xanax run + hunting in SA for merit, this is a non conservative way to make money. Not exactly the best, but it makes money.

Property broker : great job if you buy and sell high weapons, armours, slow moving goods, properties rental or selling, and collectibles. Also if you have the edu n bb stock you can offer up grade property service.

Logistic : Armor runners or any travellers who live under bounties need the job.

Private security company : Scamming is legal in Torn. Many people do it for their main income. I write this not to support scammers, but it's part of knowledge we must learn. Scammers will live under bounties. But if you still wanna scam anyway but you want to not having bounties on your back, the company is good for you. Yeah people can still hospitalize you. But there won't be "reason for bounties" that can inform your intention to your next victim.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Many people ask, when to start and stop doing HJ.

Common answer will be start as soon as you can and stop at 800k of you do 99k happy jumps
400k if you don't do 99k happy jumps
Working in 10* AN is cheapest and easiest way to do 99k hj
But there are other ways to do it if you have the money tho.
I never did hj with edvds tho. I didn't even train much until I passed 100 days. At first I built my nw. After I reached certain money, I started to train.

My faction had double happy from candy and 48 hours booster perks.
Full energy + 3 xanax + 70 truffle + 1 xtc + 1 refill = 11,878,000 for 1050 e trained at 30k happy. I did this everyday until I reached 400k stats.
Then I pushed it by doing 99k hj with poison mistletoes + 1 edvd to reach 600k on 3 stats because I am doing Hank ratio. The cost if doing this around 40 million not including the cans to make sure I could gain max result without bleeding my wallet too much. I wanted to push it to 800k but my mentor told me not to. He told me to work on my finance.
Now I do damp valley 12 (180 E) + 3 xan + 1 refill daily while rebuilding my nw slowly. This cost me 14 millions a day.

Reason why I explain this because to answer question when to stop hj is basically based on our finance. Training is all about how much we can make in one day. Sustainibility of our daily income. Not just how much we own today. Many people have more money from gamble, city find, begging, multiying, buying DP, etc. But it won't matter much once they start to train. What will matter is how much they can make a day.
elie350 [2065964]
Those are some smart advices for chaining. I never thought about monitoring players in the hospital. Although, i don't think i'd attack them. First, bcs i'd feel bad for them. 2ndly, cause if they were inactive (during hosp time), until they leave the hospital, their health would have maximized. And if they are active, me personally, when i use med, my health reach near max. So, i won't attack them only bcs they were in the hosp.

For the award you mentioned, just attack low level players. It would cost you 2,500 E. So it can be done in one day or max two.
I believe, the weapon and travel award are the easiest to get. And everyone should work on them as soon as possible.