Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

bring back dogs....?????

Started by RebornAssassin [2582694] on in General Discussion.

48 replies · 981 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
49
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

RebornAssassin [2582694]
just want to do a poll cos i am curios really.


does the torn people want to bring back dogs and dog fighting...or what about dogs and no fightin.

thats it
Plornt [1799359]
How longs it been since dog fighting was removed, like at least 10 years, no? How do people even remember it being a thing?!
RebornAssassin [2582694]
because apparently fake DOG "FIGHTING" that lets be honest never hurt anyone on torn was "cruel" like come on this is a CRIME game its not gonne be all butterflys and rainbows. why dont we take drugs out then becuse people die IRL to drugs hell shut down all of torn..like come on this is a crime game..

i do get that IRL dog fighting is cruel yes but remember this is a GAME about CRIME plus its a GAME you do NOT have to do it no one is forcing you..
Ale [1953086]
No Dogs. Pointless waste of money.

Just like racing.

If there was a Pet Shop in The City I would buy a cat though. Just for show, not for fighting before PETA activists scream abuse at me.
oraN [1778676]
Ahh I remember that one, tho now a days it's pretty rare.

But Now that you mention about it I'd expect 5 solid threads about it and ched showing up and mentioning about people not taking care of their dogs

Edit: deja woo baby
2480971 [2480971]
That’s not even close to the the reason it was removed;

Apparently there was a bug in the Dog code and they couldn’t figure out where it was so they just removed them altogether, ( would love an OG confirmation? )

Either way, I wouldn’t be wasting my E on a dog lol and I don’t really think they fit into the mood of the game.
MadameButterfly [2514180]
I think they think that all they do with a dog is fight it and it gains experience, I don't think they know it use to cost money and E to feed and train it too and that the dogs could die if they were neglected
TornFalcon [2042205]
YAY crime neopets!
jk I'm all for dogs. (internally pleads ched)
I still doubt this would ever come back even if it wasn't a coding or usage issue
nex [2054500]
I don't remember it, since I wasn't here, but I support it since it would give us another thing to do and sounds like fun. Shit is boring enough between pointless chains and numbing flights and reading the forums about the last car named Ryan making a damn fool of himself.

I've only heard rumors that it was removed due to PETA pressure but surely that can't be true?
hemi [2165616]
I think the idea of pets or a pet shop is fun...
Like guard dogs for your PI..... someone tries to prank you, your rottweiler eats their face off, instant 3 hours in the hospital.
Or really any reason for a little pet, I'm 100% down for.