26 replies · 5.67k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
ToxicMonkeyMZC[712861]
· 6 likes · Speaking as the WR holder of Mudpit, I used Short Ratio to get that record. This guide recommends long. I'm not saying short is better. RNG is a wonderful thing. I'm just saying :) Would love to see one of …
Mathematics[1631069]
· 4 likes · Keep in mind that the guide these set-ups are from, recommends these set-ups to achieve more consistent top 3 finishes, not to achieve a record lap time. The best set-ups for wins, and the best set-ups for lap records, aren't …
Have to agree with Monkey... I have a top 5 global record in a setup not shown as the top setup for a track. I am not spilling any beans, my RS is lower than Monkey so I will defer to his expertise. Or maybe I'd be faster if I used the top setup? hmmmm.
Just to be totally clear, all the setups come directly from [image: awardimages.torn.com] post linked at the beginning.. I reformatted the information to make it easier to follow for myself. Then others found it helpful when shared privately and suggested I posted it in the forums. I reached out to the originator of the information to make sure it would be OK to reuse their information and made sure to link their guide.
I am sure there are lots of other setups that will work, both with lap times and with consistancy in placements. It may also be that each driver is slightly different and will do better with slightly different setups so there is no true universal best setup. Whose to know besides the devs and the random number god..
:) Probably, but keep in mind I sorted all the info this way for myself originally. I kept sending it to faction members to help when they tried to figure stuff out and was urged several times to make it public here. If it helps give people a starting point great, it's doing as intended!
Keep in mind that the guide these set-ups are from, recommends these set-ups to achieve more consistent top 3 finishes, not to achieve a record lap time. The best set-ups for wins, and the best set-ups for lap records, aren't always the same thing on each track.
E.g. Like you, my fastest laps on mudpit were achieved with short ratio. However I get more consistent top 3 finishes with long ratio.
Nope. The key to consistent top 3 finishes is to find the car and setup that gives you the best average lap time, so average lap time is the only metric I use to determine which car and setup to run. Win % and top 3 finish % are the metrics I use to verify that that specific car and setup is achieving the goal of more consistent top 3 finishes and/or wins.
You'd have to talk to WhatTheFoxSay [1530413] to find out what metrics he used, and what things he looked at, in determining the setups that his guide recommends.
RadicalFanatic[1483140] · #18
I find a slightly altered cosworth slightly less likely to win the mud pit racetrack but much, much more likely to win parkland, hammerhead, stone park, two islands.
The Aston Martin-One and the Mercedes SLR have exactly the same stats so either can be used on the other's tracks. The same for the Ferrari 458 and the Nissan GTR.