No, no one knew. Soft sent out no newsletter to anyone, TinyTown (our True leader before the wolverines raid) found out yesterday. I personally had to do some digging to actually find our WTF was going on these past 2 days.
Yesterday I found out that MrSands was going to be our new faction leader, I thought "Oh, sweet, Soft did say 'she' was going to pull some favors and get HoF members to help rebuild" and MrSands did mention to me in PR chat that he had quite alot of experience on HoF faction, I was quite excited.
Now today, most of our normal members found out (like the first normal member to find out was at 1:43AM) on discord that Soft had sold the faction, I found out since I did a bit of digging (I didn't bother to check PR discord until tonight).
I wouldn't say Softrising scammed MrSands, but she did scam the rest of her/his faction members out of our family.
Well then this thread is a big load of hypocrisy. Using same logic as you, softrising may say "and leave someone else to profit from" ?
I do not have any problem over your conduct personally bcs I haven't been affected , it's just pot calling kettle black scenerio here which is hilarious at best , idiotic at worst.
Basically you just look butthurt that softrising was a dude as someone mentioned earlier bcs you emphasise too much on his gender in OP than the incident itself. Lost an extra billion over some undelivered pics ? ;)
Knowingly buying stolen goods is still illegal irl, you know.
Wouldn't say what you did is illegal, but shitty and greedy. While SoftRising will get the ultimate shaft in all this, what makes you think people will want to join a faction led by someone that puts greed over everything else?
Hypocrisy/idiocy? You're delusional. The only person I attempted to deceive was the scammer. I will scam a scammer any day of the week and feel good about myself. I'll make fun of pretend women any time I damn well feel like it.
My long history of putting my members before myself and everything into my factions speaks for itself. What makes you think someone would want to join a faction led by people too stupid to accept free money? I don't go around soliciting people for profits, I'm not even a trader. I just happened to be shopping for a faction. I think it's hilarious that people like you find ways to reproach me. I'd do what I did again 10X over.
I'm pissed at both of them. I'm a little less pissed at MrSands for kicking everyone, since after all he did just spend 20 billion for a faction. But it still feels like a bit of a gut punch, since PR was a pretty tight knit group (atleast I thought) and many members had already dedicated over 400 days.
On the flip side, I'm very pissed at Softrising for basically ghosting us and running away with 20bil without our knowledge. Isn't 20 bill a wee bit cheap for a 2mil respect faction with a stocked as hell armoury?
So , whats the point of this thread specifically ? SoftRising committed a fraud , you facilitated it . Title of thread should have been "I helped Softrising commit a fraud" instead which would have been more befitting and saved our time trying to figure.
It was a good deal. I definitely pulled one over on SoftRising. He said he would go to the forums to sell if I didn't agree to his terms. I figured, WTF, I'll take the money right in front of my face and try to f**k the guy over if I can.
BTW there's a few people who were close to 1000 days I'm allowing back in to get the merits. This faction is no longer PR. It is not my intention to maintain PR members.
The fraud has happened and in this case , you did help him. Which is my point. If someone else did , then he would be called out just like you are being now. Don't need to engage in hypothetical situations here unnecessarily :)
This! Soft stole the car and OP bought it at a discount.
Of course OP got a discount, cause soft was trying to unload it fast. Not many people would want to deal with the drama of buying a stolen faction but apparently OP didn't care. He's out here naming and shaming Soft when he's just as guilty for buying it. He could have easily posted this without getting that deal first.
He didn't need my help and you're still an idiot for suggesting that. The moment that faction was transferred to him it was his possession. If anything he's a bad scammer for allowing the previous leader to take money out and not getting enough out of the sale transaction. I could have been quiet and said not a damn thing. I don't care regardless.
happened last year, i bought a stolen faction, american miilitary for 5b or something, at the time i was unaware it was stolen since i assumed mike and karen were rl spouses. i was about to rebrand and everything wrote a newsletter to send, messaged some members then someone sent me link to a thread, at that moment i started chatting mike and offered it back for the same price he paid 1b upfront i left the faction and a month later the remaining was paid by his co-lead.
in this situation if anything the right thing to do would be to return it if someone from PR is willing to chuck out 15b to sands.
thread the scammer still logs in but their gameplay is completely gone.
Do you really think that would have stopped it from getting sold? I think more likely another person would have followed behind and swooped it up to flip it. I had already been negotiating (pre-theft-disclosure) about PR for days. I was probably the only person in a position to take advantage of soft, and I did. If you don't take advantage of opportunities right in front of your face, you don't know how to torn.